Chapter 9

“Randy!” I called, I knew I sounded terrified but I couldn’t help myself. I was.

I never deleted the contact, but I have changed my number multiple times. I needed to know when he called me.

Randy came running in in just boxers, Emily burst through the door as well. I had dropped my phone on my floor and was just staring at it. I couldn’t talk, move or even breathe.

How did he even get my new number?

Randy looked at me and the phone and it finally stopped ringing. Ashley and CC came into my room slowly and they were just staring at me.

I had tears rolling down my face. I heard my message tone sound and slowly walked over to my phone. I shakily picked it up and saw he left a voice message.

I took a deep breath and rung my voicemail account and put it on loudspeaker.

“Hey there sweetheart. I know you know it’s me. I miss you. See you soon.”

His voice, it was deep and slow. Like it used to be…….

I didn’t realise it but I had dropped the phone and fallen to the floor. I started crying.

“How did he find me?” I quietly mumbled to myself.

“You should probably leave guys.” Emily said to Ashley and CC.

“NO!” I screamed and looked up at them.

“It’s too late. He already knows them. He knows where they live. May as well make the best of this situation. Hell, he probably knows we’re leaving soon.” I had tears streaming down my face.

I didn’t mean to drag them into this.

“I’m so sorry.’ I looked up and the guys were looking at me with sad eyes.

“I’ll explain everything to you guys.” Randy said escorting them out of my room.

Emily kneeled down next to me and held me close to her while I cried. I did not need this. Stop crying, be strong. He won’t touch you.

I stood up and dried my eyes. I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out my suitcase. I started packing clothes in there; apparently we left in 2 days.

“It will be ok Megs, I promise.”

I nodded slowly and Emily just walked out.

I grabbed my phone and saw I had missed calls and more voice mails from him. I grabbed my phone and walked over to my window. I threw my phone out my window and let it smash on the ground.

Now I needed a new phone.

I grabbed my wallet and keys and ran down the stairs. As I got to the bottom Randy’s voice stopped me.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

“I need a new phone.” I just looked at Ashley and CC and you could see the horror in their eyes.

“Why what happened to yours.”

“Threw it out the window.’ I shrugged and made my way outside.

I climbed into my car and drove to the mall.

When I got there I went to a store the apple store. Time to get up to date with technology and buy an iPhone.

“Hi, how may I help you?” I looked up to see a young man standing in front of me.

He was pretty cute may I add.

“Yer, I just broke my phone beyond repair and decided to be up to date with the world and get an iPhone. “

“So, what did you do to your phone?”