MSS: Recap

Skai's POV
A few days ago: I found out I was gonna have to leave the house when I get mated, then rogue's attacked my pack, I got knocked out ended up in the hospital.

So I had a very interesting couple of days and you know what the best thing about it is, my birthday ball is in one day, can you believe it? I know I can't.

'I'll say'. Lani said. 'Skai, some of that would have been prevented if you listened to your father.'

'You know damn well sure that I wasn't gonna listen to him in the first place.' I answered him.

'Whatever, by the way did you by any chance feel something when that wolf approached you. 'She asked.

'No, why?' I asked her.

'No reason.' She sank to the back of my mind.

I shrugged and got out of bed, walked to the window and stared out, I sighed and shook my head at the peaceful serenity that blessed my land.

'Skai?' I heard my mom ask as she walked into the room -'Are you okay dear?' She asked.

I shrugged.

"Are you sure?" She asked again.

I shrugged again.

She looked at me. "Skaitra Valentina Hendrickson, you're turning 18 in a day and you're gonna have to leave this house, aren't you worried?" She inquired.

"Why should I be worried?" I asked as I really see no reason why I should be.

"Skai, you're going to be Luna, that's a big responsibility to take up....." I stopped her.

"Mom, ever since I was a little girl you have taught me the game, shown me the ropes, lecture me, prepare me for this day. If I were to disappoint you, then I'd say you wasted 18 years of your life for nothing. " I insisted and she seemed very pleased with my response.

She came up to me, held my head and kissed it. "That's my baby girl, you're gonna slay being Luna." She winked and walked out of the room.

I smiled and turned back to the peaceful serenity surrounding the pack house.

I blinked and looked down as I saw something rustling through the trees, I turned my head to the windows when I heard something thump against the walls.

I turned around.

"The fuck."

What I was staring at shocked me, I stepped back as it seemed to me that this 'thing' came closer.

Its nose sniffed the air as its bright grey enchanting eyes were glued to me.

As I looked at it, I realized that this was the same wolf that came unto me the day when rogues attacked my pack.

"Hey..." the door creaked open as I turned to see my mom standing there looking at me confusingly.

I turned back to the window and again the wolf was gone.

"Is everything okay in here?" My mom queried.

"Yeah everything is fine." I said.

" I was going to tell you that you need to come downstairs to look at your dress options." She said and closed the door behind her.

"I'll be right there." I said.

I took one more look out the window and felt blinded when something caught my eye. I looked down and saw a shimmer. I went closer and saw a diamond necklace that looked more expensive than this whole house.

 I went closer and saw a diamond necklace that looked more expensive than this whole house

I stared at it and put it back where I found it.

I walked to the door, looked back to the room, shook my head then walked out.