I smirked. "Well, it seems we've reached an understanding."

"What was it that she did?" Abraxas asked, after a moment of silence.

I looked to him. "I called him a filthy mudblood," I replied, then shrugging. "Though, because he's a Slytherin, he's a filthy git."

"You should watch your tongue," Riddle said.

I smiled, and looked at him. "You should watch yours around a person who can turn you into quite the list of undesirable things." I then stood, and got off the bench. "I'll see you in class," I said, taking my schedule from the Professor who was giving them out, and thanking him for his time.

He laughed, and told me that it was no trouble.

I looked at the schedule as I was exiting, and found that we had Charms with the Ravenclaws first, Potions second, third was Transfiguration with Gryffindors, fourth was Defense Against the Dark Arts with the Hufflepuffs. We had the afternoons off.

Hm, Fridays are getting better again.

I stopped a random person who was not apart of the sorting last night. She was a Gryffindor.

"Where's the Charms class?" I asked.

"Turn left from here, then turn left again at the last intersection, then right at the third, up a flight of stairs, turn left, wait for the stairs to get to you, then go up those, the third step to the top is a trick step, so avoid it, take the first two rights, then go left on the third. Classroom door is the seventh on the corridor," she said, giving me exact instructions, with a large smile, though she didn't even look at me throughout that. "Kay, bye!" And she was gone.

Hm. I followed her directions, not too sure about what she meant by the stairs, until I saw them. The stairs moved. I waited until the stairs got to me, tried what she said was the trick step, and my foot went through it, so I jumped up onto the next. Then I took the first two rights, and then went left on the third. I went to the seventh door, which said, "CHARMS CLASS" on the door.

What is wrong with this girl to make her . . . actually give me exact directions. Interesting girl. I stood outside, and waited. The next people there were Samara, and Cygnus.

Soon enough, our classes were here, and the Professor let us into his class, and we waited longer for them. The teacher was quite . . . small. Part goblin, I could presume. Not that I had anything against half-breeds, it's just mudbloods and muggles, and everything that would really just annoy the hell out of me.

Which isn't half-breeds.

"Hello class, I'm Professor Flitwick," Professor Flitwick introduced, then he started to go over the years coursework. It sounded quite like fun. When he was finished explaining, he got us to write down notes.

Though, in the back, there was a very heated argument of whispers, and they were sitting right behind me. Eventually, there was a slam of books, and Samara had stood, her knuckles were white.

"Just because you're not happy with the housing arrangements doesn't mean that I'm not going to be," she hissed, loud enough for me to hear, her voice was shaking with rage. "I'm glad I don't have to be in the same house as someone like yourself. And for your bloody information, Abraxas, our parents don't care."

And with those words, she moved to the front of the class, sitting in an empty desk.

I don't care if I was meant to be sympathetic, it was kinda funny.

Professor Flitwick looked over to them both, giving them questioning looks, before getting back to his own work. Whatever that may be.

After that, us Slytherin's went to Potions, and we were greeted with the Professor, who I presumed would be the Head of Slytherin, which gave us our schedules. He was a jolly fat man . . .

"Greetings!" he said happily, and he pulled out the roll. He started to call out names, his name paused at mine. "Ariana . . .?"

A scared, jolly fat man. For good reason.

I smiled at him, with fake sympathy. "Here," I said.

"What's wrong with her surname?" Riddle asked carefully. A few others looked confused. But of course they wouldn't know, my Father hadn't made himself too known.

"No, no," the Professor said quickly. "We have to start our class. So . . . first, basic rules . . ."

Then he went on about the rules, and then went on about common knowledge of potions, theory, all that jazz. We were then dismissed to go to our next class.

I started to pack my things up and walked over to Abraxas, who smiled at me.

"Here, I'll take your bag," he said, before taking it from me before I could even say anything.

"Thank you," I said, and he started walking. I walked beside him.

We walked, not really talking for a bit, until he spoke. "So, your Father . . . scares a lot of people, huh?" he asked casually. "Care to explain, or the bag is going to be held hostage."

I gave him a strange look. "You don't have to take the bag hostage to get the answer," I pointed out. "But anyway, my Father is really only known among adults. He's been working in the Southern Hemisphere lately, making his mark there, then he's going to north. He already has a rein of terror in most of the small islands there. Not many people here know because nobody really cares about the small islands, but some do, for Professor Dumbledore is a an . . . old friend. Now they hate each other."

He nodded. "I see," he said. "So, in a few years, he should be at England, no doubt?"

I nodded. "He should be."

"Think he'd like me?" he asked, jokingly.

I laughed lightly, walked ahead, turned, and walked backwards, inspecting him. I then smirked. "Maybe," I replied. "It really depends whether you're carrying my things or not. It's a rather good look on you, you know?"

He laughed sarcastically, and I turned around, to see that we were at the Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Avril was jumping up and down in front of the door, talking rather animately to a random person. Professor Michaelis stepped out, and said, "come in."

I find this class ironic. I know the Dark Arts, and now I'm learning how to defend myself from the Dark Arts.

When we took a seat, the Professor smiled, opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by Avril, who hadn't actually spoken that loudly but apparently he had heard, "He's got a pedo smile."

Professor Michaelis blinked.

There was silence for a very long time, as he store at Avril, so did half the class, actually, but most of the class was confused. I was confused - how did he hear that? She had a completely straight face, staring right back.

"I really don't know what to do about you," he said slowly. Then he shrugged, but he made sure he didn't smile, probably because that was, in fact, a very strange thing to say. I mean, it really hit his forehead, right in the centre, it was just perfect. "So, welcome to Defense Against the Dark--"

"For goodness sake, I just want to learn. I don't care who you are, we have a year to do that," Avril told him, loudly this time.

I really don't know what to think of her. She's . . .  interesting. But she speaks the truth, these pointless introductions are annoying.

He store at her for a moment longer before sighing. "You have a detention with your Head of House, Miss Bardell."