Chapter Four

"Mom, I love you, I love you more than anything or anyone in the world. But, mom, your happy ending doesn't end with me. It ends with love, a love you thought you would never have again, actually, a love that will be stronger than any love you have ever had before." The boy kindly explained to his mother.

"What are you talking about Henry? I don't need anyone else or any more love. I only need you." Regina replied as a tear fell to her cheek.

"No, mom you deserve so much more." He turned to look at Emma, who sat quietly watching the duo throughout their conversation. "Emma, I know you don't believe me, yet, but you are needed to break the curse my mother placed on everyone in this town."

"Henry, if she breaks the curse then I am sure to die. That's what was predicted that the Savior will be the end of me." Regina cried.

"You won't, mom. Emma will protect you; she will always protect you and she knows that she will, don't you Emma?"

"Of course, kid. No one will ever hurt your mother or you while I am here." She agreed without hesitation. There was something about Regina that kept tugging at Emma and she knew without a doubt that she will do anything in her power to keep the woman safe.

"Do you want to know why this town is not on any map in the world? Because we do not exist." Henry kindly informed his blonde mother.

"How can that be true Henry?" Emma rolled her eyes. "In case you forgot, I am here, I drove here from Boston. So, how can this town not exist if I came to it?"

"Emma, you're from the Enchanted Forest, just like everyone else here, well everyone else but me. Only those born in the Enchanted Forest can enter Storybrooke. After you were born your parents placed you into a magic wardrobe that sent you to this world, in the hopes that you would return when you were older and break the curse."

"My parents? What do you know of my parents, Henry? Do you know where I was found? I was found on the side of the road; I was lucky that I was found before I died of hypothermia." She was getting angry.

"Yes, and a little boy found you. A boy that was supposed to stay with you throughout your life and show you the way home but he left you on your own at the orphanage when you a baby. Do you know the name of that boy?" He asked.

"No, no I don't."

"His name is August Wayne Booth." Henry deadpanned.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" Emma shouted.

"Okay, I think we need to stop for now. Henry, you need to go and take a shower and get ready for bed."

"But mom she needs to know."

"I know Henry, believe me, I know my Prince. But forcing it on her is not going to help. Now, go and get ready and I will be up after to tuck you in."

"Okay. I'm sorry Emma." The boy apologized as he left the table.

Emma was too angry to speak, so she just nodded her head in reply. She had no words in response to everything Henry told her and how did he know all of that? She spent a lot of her adult life trying to look for her parents, only to come here and have a ten-year-old boy provide her information that was too astonishing to believe. How unbelievable can this be? Fairytale characters, happy endings, next minute they're going to tell her that her parents are Snow White and Prince Charming.

"Emma, I'm sorry about Henry. He can be very insensitive and insistent at times." The Mayor apologized.

"It's just... it's just... actually, I don't know what it is." Emma stuttered.