I guess it's better to keep a distance.

Your p.o.v.

I couldn't help but notice a rather young man staring at me. He couldn't make it more obvious, could he? I had to admit he was quite handsome though. Still a creep.

I tried to ignore him, but his eyes bore holes into my head.

It was starting to grow more uncomfortable with every thought I had about the guy opposite our table.

What if he was a murderer? What if I was his next victim? That'd be ridiculous, I'm not that pretty to get killed or some (they only pretty people anyways). Or maybe he was a paedophile? Which was the worst that could possibly happen to me?

I could feel the gears in my head working. I tried to stay calm, but well, guess I have to react panicked now. Because this girl can't sit still when a guy just breathes around her. It wasn't like I couldn't even say a word, it was just that I would most likely make a fool of myself and be all awkward.

My friend saw me getting all jittery and only arched her brow.

"Can you stop bouncing your leg? It's getting annoying." She stated, a certain seriousness apparent in the way she spoke. "Are you nervous?"

Busted.

I waved my hand in front of her. "Whaaaaat?? Nooooo. Me? Never." I managed to choke out. I could've honestly slapped myself right there and then.

"You're bad at lying. You know that for yourself."

I violently shook my head, the accusation being rudely offensive towards me. I spared taking a glimpse back at the man staring at me with so much intensity. I felt like a deer in headlights.

My action didn't go unnoticed by Philia who shamelessly turned her head towards the direction I was looking at. Shit.

She only made an 'O' mouth and lead her eyes back to her book. She probably thought I was crazy or (if that wasn't obvious already) needed to be taken to a mental institution. Honestly, who didn't think that I have gone mad?

See you beautiful world, it was nice.

I hung my head low and let out a heavy sigh.

"Why don't you just talk to him?" Philia broke the growing silence, still not facing me.

"Are you crazy? What if he's a murderer?" I whisper-yelled at her.

She just sent me a glare (which translated to, as I quote, "Are you fucking serious?"), putting her book down in an attempt to strengthen her annoyance at my ridiculousness.

What I couldn't foresee was her sudden urge to stand up and walk towards the killer/paedophile/handsome guy (a lot of nicknames, I know).

The fuck is she doing now?

I couldn't stop her from walking away from me. She was too fast for me to reach her and pull her back. I hid my face in my hands and hoped to die right this moment.

I suddenly heard laughter from over there. I couldn't believe what was happening right now. She looked like she was having the time of her life, whilst I suffered in silence.

They took a short glance at me and waved happily. I returned the gesture but went back to hide from the embarrassment. What is going on?

It couldn't get any worse. It just couldn't.

My dreams of burying myself in the crook of my elbow were crushed when they both decided to walk over to me. Right at this moment was the moment where I wanted to bury myself in a deep deep hole, throw it away and burn it down.