KING LEAR.

junghwan

'We can't thank you enough, migyoung,'

the woman in her late 30s says, dragging her luggage to the taxi's trunk, stuffing it inside and walks to her husband's side.

'it's nothing, mrs. so,' migyoung forced a smile onto her stiff face, 'little junghwan here is in good hands.'

     the younger beside her scoffs, 'she called me little,' he says sulking a bit, softly pushing migyoung's hand off that rested on his shoulder, only resulting in her putting her hand back on its old place.

     'alrighty then, you two have fun while we're gone!' the pair entered the taxi and rolled the window down to wave as the car drove away. migyoung and junghwan enter the house she owned solo as she reaches for her head to massage her temples. flopping down on the sofa, she slings her forearm over her eyes, suddenly feeling lightheaded.

     'noona, you good?' junghwan rests his chin on the top of the sofa's backrest, looking down at the obviously uncomfortable girl. 'totally. how about you? hungry?' migyoung sits up and tries to ignore the slight migraine she currently is experiencing. she stood up as something odd catches junghwan's attention.

     'noona, did you sit on paint?' he asks with a hint of innocence in his voice, his head cocked to the side as migyoung turns around to face the boy. 'RED paint,' he adds.

     'ahhhhh, crap,' she groans silently and smiles awkwardly at the younger to hide her embarrassment. 'p-paint? whaaat? nooo, sorry, i don't do art in this household,' she stammers and runs upstairs as fast as her legs could handle. she opens the nearest bathroom she could find and swiftly locks the door. she heard a knock and could hear soft, tiny giggling from the other side.

     'noona, does your couch pee red paint or what? 'cuz yours looked like it had a smiley on it,' migyoung checked it for herself on the mirror as she stood on top of the toilet seat lid. his description was indeed correct, it had a sinister smile as the eyes stared back at her. she jumped off and unlocked the door, exposing only the upper part of her body as she smiles down at him, holding back the urge to choke his pea brain.

     'could you be a dear and get me some umm..' he gestures her to go on, 'p-pads,' she looks away in embarrassment. 'pads? like iPads or?' migyoung felt stupid for asking a 14 year old to get her basic necessities every girl knows, especially because he was a guy and an imbecile to know what a pad meant. 'lily pad, notepad, helipad, sketchpad, what kind of pad?' junghwan asks after migyoung shut the door on him. 'A FUCKING NAPKIN,' she yells as junghwan cringes at the loudness of her voice even with the door in between them.