Elizabeth shakes her head and I just know she rolled her eyes at my question as well. "Come on I've heard so many girls talk about how amazing he is in bed," she starts. "Life changing is usually the term they use," she adds with emphasis.

I mock gag at her words causing her to laugh as her brown eyes watch me through the mirror. "What if they're lying cause it's Everett Kingston?" I ask because sometimes I feel like the women they hookup with exaggerate what happened. I just know more often than not it was probably a clumsily drunk exchange rather than some hot and heavy night.

"Or what if they're telling the truth and he really is a sex god?" Elizabeth pushes smiling after she coats her lips in her signature luscious red lipstick.

"Gross," I laugh loudly.

"Hot," she corrects which causes me to laugh even harder making my sides burn.

"So..." Elizabeth trails as she faces me now letting one long leg cross the other.

"So?" I question back, not sure what she's referencing.

"Come on James!" she exclaims. "Preston. Everett. Best friends. Come on help a girl out," she begs flashing me her best puppy dog look.

"Ugh, fine I'll see what I can do," I sigh, not wanting to talk anymore about Everett anyways.

"Thank you! Thank you!" she gushes with a big smile.

"But as your friend I'm stating for the record that I don't think this is a good idea," I tell her.

"Well you think nothing fun is a good idea," she remarks with a shrug.

My mouth falls open. "Hey! That's not true!" I object but as the words leave my mouth I know that maybe she has some truth in her statement.

I try so hard to be perfect at all times that a lot of the time I avoid fun like the plague. And even when I'm having fun I make sure to never be completely out of control because I'm afraid to make any mistake ever. A mistake is just another reason for my father to turn his nose down at me.

Elizabeth shoots me a look. "Sure it's not," she drawls.

I scoot back on my bed letting my back hit the wall of pillows stacked against my headboard. "I'm about to kick you out of my apartment," I grumble with a glare but she can see through it and blows me a kiss.

She uses one of my brushes to comb through the bottom of her dark locks. "Wait?" she begins as her motions freeze and her eyes narrow in on me. "Why are you meeting with Preston here instead of the library?"

"There's some workshop and the library was packed so we decided here," I reply with a lift of my shoulder like it's no big deal because it is no big deal. He's been here before after all.

And a smoking match ended up outside your door after.

I ignore the thought and the dash of fear that runs across my skin leaving goosebumps in its wake.

"Why not his place?"

"Because I just didn't feel like going to the pits of hell today," I answer with sarcasm dripping from my every word.

Truth is he offered his apartment that's off campus like mine, but I said no. Something about the idea of being in his personal space made me nervous and I know I wouldn't be able to focus properly on my studies. It's already hard enough to focus on my work with him around, but thankfully he's actually a good teacher so I can push aside the fact that he's extremely handsome and actually work on the case studies at hand.

"What do you mean? I have season passes," Elizabeth teases and I can't help but fall forward in a fit of giggles.

"I hate you," I say with a shake of my head and a big grin on my lips.