Chapter 32: Fire vs Ice

Shoto! You cried out in your head as their attacks went off

Luckily, Cementoss hastened up a few walls between the two boys just in time so that neither Todoroki or Midoriya would be directly hit.

Rubble and debris flew everywhere, everyone raising their arms and hands and shielding themselves from the impact of the blasts.

When the smoke cleared, it was revealed that Midoriya was unconscious, his body out of bounds.

Todoroki, on the other hand, was still inside of the arena, but was huffing like crazy and barely standing. His U.A. gym uniform was torn up in several places, especially on his left side where his flames had completely scorched off the fabric.

Once the two were escorted off the arena, you heard Bakugo give a low snort from beside you.

------------------------------------------------

On the way back into the stadium, near the changing room, Todoroki ran into his father again.

"You have abandoned your childish tantrum and finally become a perfect upgrade of me...with some motivation from that little neko...but you too should come work for me. I'll lead you down the path of the mighty." Endeavor gave his son a hard stare.

"There's no way I can abandon anything."

For the first time in a long time, Todoroki didn't feel complete hatred or resentment as he looked at and spoke to his father.

Especially not mom...and not y/n... Todoroki thought, staring at the palm of his left hand.

"It's just...back then...For that one moment...I forgot about you and focused on other people." Todoroki's left hand closed in a fist while Endeavor now held a stunned expression. "And now...I know that that's a good thing. I don't even need to think about it." Todoroki finished, a ghost of a smile appearing as he walked away from his speechless father.

------------------------------------------------

You had just wrapped up your match with Shiozaki from Class 1-B.

It was a rather easy fight for you since her vines were no match against your fire Quirk.

You ended up using your flame boost to simply push her out of bounds. Afterwards, you returned to your seat in the stands next to Bakugo again.

"Did you see that? I didn't even break a sweat." You gloated at the ash blonde, your wide grin showing your canines.

"Yeah, yeah...whatever. You'll still end up losing to me, like the rest of em'."

"Cocky as ever." You rolled your eyes, pursing your lips together.

"ME, COCKY?! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT NOT HAVING TO BREAK A SWEAT!" Bakugo smacked his lips together, any patience he had to put up with you (which wasn't much to begin with) was gone.