"Kristophe just said they wanted to kill the heirs." I pointed out. Jasper snorted, glancing in my direction with a smirk that told me Kristophe neglected to give me the full details. So I leaned on the armrest of the seat as Jasper lowered his arms, folding his hands in front of him, resting his arms on his knees as he leaned forward.

"Vladimir Gothica is as low as a human, no offense," He added when I cocked a brow at him, "Humans are naturally power hungry. Once they have a lick of it, they want another lick. Then a bite. Then another bite before they're eating themselves to death. It's like cake. It's so delicious, but it's so bad for you and you know it, but you keep eating it, telling yourself that you'll exercise to make it go away, but it won't work. You won't feel like exercising afterwards because you're so full. Point is, Vladimir is too human. He let himself fall headfirst into a big ass cake of power. Vladimir is as fat as Henry VIII before he keeled over. He killed one clan and moved onto another, moving up in the ranks as well as making himself feared. Sure, there are plenty of smaller clans."

"See, in our world, the Court of Seven are the most powerful and more pure of all. Most of them are direct descendents of the Firsts. The Druids. Of course, there are the smaller clans that may be very distantly related to them, but not enough so that they're blood is pure. They mingled with humans and become halfbloods. So they're clans are small and not as powerful. They usually fall behind one of the Seven. However, Vladimir wanted to make his army bigger. He had at least seventy clans behind him, waiting to do whatever he asked. Even if it meant taking down another clan. Vladimir accidentally killed one of the other leaders of Court of Seven. In doing so, Vladimir became excited."

"Wouldn't you? You just moved up a point. Vladimir wanted more money, more power, more influence. And the only way to do that was to kill. Keep killing and that's what led Vladimir to destroy my clan, the Onyx. We were small and part of the Drakons. We branched off distantly and my ancestors were known to mingle with humans. Pretty pathetic if you ask me, but oh well. Done and over with. Of course, Vladimir hated the Drakons. Why wouldn't he? They were powerful and they were hiding something extremely important."

"The human pureblood." I stated instantly. Jasper smirked, leaning back again as Rhita frowned, holding her mug to her lips, but not taking a sip as she stared into the flames. I couldn't tell if she was listening or not. Her facial expressions were scarce.

"Yes. The head of the Drakon Clan. Prescott and Lillian Zi Drakon had produced a creature known to be only a myth created by a drunken fool. The creature known to be half-human, half-vampire. Running through his veins was the powerful blood of the pureblood vampire, directly descended from one of the original Druids. However, he had no fangs, no craving for blood. He was simply a human with vampire blood, but no vampire abilities. Vladimir immediately heard about it and went to attack them, believing them to be dead. It wasn't until a few years later when he saw a newspaper clipping with Lillian's face. She went by the name Lily, her husband going by the name Scott. They changed their last names to Capulet, but no amount of running could get them away from Vladimir."

"Vlad killed Mark's parents." I filled in. Jasper paused, studying my face.

"And there lies more secrets, better left for someone more dramatic. Your question was why I joined Zephyra. I joined Zephyra to kill what my masters had left behind. I want Markus Amadeus Drakon killed. It's his fault that everything went to hell. It's only fair that he get the Divine punishment from his parents in the other world, so he'll never be reincarnated and find his way back to create more chaos." He finished, smirking as he folded his arms over his chest. I frowned, slumping back in my seat, staring at the fire.

Everyone hated Mark so much, but it made no sense. It wasn't his fault he was born. His parents didn't know what they were in for. Mark didn't ask to be what he was, and judging from the way Alex and the others were acting, even Mark had no idea who he was and why we were hunting him.