Chapter 5

Robert was walking around the village when Penelope saw him with someone else. She couldn't believe it. Who was he with? She went back to the castle, in a mood. Robert came in to get ready for the feast, he knew why Penelope was acting weird and had to promise not to tell anyone.

"Penn, whats wrong?"

"Nothing.  Anyway, we are running late." She put her arm across her stomach, she wanted to be happy about the situation but couldn't make it obvious.

The feast was going alright until Penelope saw James. He had become an outlaw, she still felt some kinda connection to him, it was only because she  used to be engaged to hime years and years ago. Penelope was stood talking to a friend of her fathers when he indicated for her to go over and talk to hi,.

"excuse me." Penelope went over to James, she hoped it was for a quick conversation.

"Princess Penelope, what a sight you are, I've missed our little chats" James placed an arm around her shoulders to steer her out of Robert's eyesight "I think we would benefit from a private conversation outside don't you?"

"I'm afraid I can't, you do realise that I have guests to attend to. If you'll excuse me." She started walking away from James, she had become to detest him the more she heard about his crimes. James placed a hand on her arm to stop her "Let go of me."

"I can't do that, you're coming with me."

"Robert!" Penelope screamed it was too late, James had knocked her out and was carrying her to the forest. Robert was witnessing this as he was reaching for his sword. He wanted to find his wife, no he needed to.

"Sire, I must go on a rescue mission."