Give me one good reason

Thorin gazed at your golden eyes that were shining as they were locking on his blue ones. He only nodded his head stepping out form the group when Dain gripped his arm worriedly.

"What are you doing?" Dain whispered to Thorin who glanced at his cousin.

"I'm going to talk to her," Thorin said frowning a little.

"No you're not....not alone," Dain shook his head while taking a sideglance to you.

You were quietly listening to the two dwarves arguing with each other in front of you causing you to raise your scaly brow in amusement.

"Dain, we already had this conversation. She's my One, and I will talk with her..alone," Thorin's voice dropped indicating he was losing his patience with his cousin.

"And I'm still telling you, she is a fire breathing lizard, I'm not leaving you with her alone," Dain answered.

That earned your full attention as your head turned to glare at Dain quiet growl making its way up from your chest making Dain halt and slowly shift his gaze toward you.

"I always knew dwarves are a stubborn race but didn't think you were morons too," you sneered at him as you lowered your head narrowing your eyes.

"Easy..." Thorin whispered to you stepping between you and Dain.

"To insult a dragon is an idiotic thing to do unless you have a death wish," your snout was only 6 feet away from Dain, and you could see his lower lip was quivering and one drop of sweat was running down on his temple when your hot breath hit his face.

Fili and Kili were standing little further away from the trio eyeing you worriedly but wisely kept their mouth shut. They were startled when they realized you lifted your gaze to them; it was still unnerving for them to be so close to a dragon not to mention under its curious gaze.

"Hello boys," you smiled when your gaze landed on them and chuckled when you saw them flinching.

"You're not going to eat us are you?" Kili asked making Fili smack his head.

Tilting your head, you looked like you were considering it for a moment making Fili and Kili look at each other eyes wide open.

"Why would I wanna do that?" you finally asked shaking your head amusingly earning a giggle from Kili while Fili just smiled at you.

Balin came to stand next to Dain placing his hand on the Thorin's cousin's shoulder preventing him from saying another word; it was clear you were a little annoyed by Dain's behavior at the moment.

"You two go and talk, we wait here," Balin said the grandfatherly manner and watched as Thorin started walking toward the plains to make some distance between him and Erebor. As you were slowly turning to follow him, your tail went Dain's behind without him noticing as he opened his mouth.

"Dwarf steak isn't on the menu tonight, dragon," he huffed not realizing you could hear him.

Glancing behind you snarled quietly and before he could say anything else you swooped his legs under him with your tail a loud yelp escaping from him as Dain smacked into the ground. Fili and Kili burst into wholehearted laughter doubling over while you smirk letting out a small snicker seeing that Dain's face was turning red as he stared at you. Thorin sighed shaking his head, Dain was practically begging her to hurt him.

"I like her! She is a sassy one," Kili giggled while wiping his eyes from tears.

The bonfires were slowly dying giving the landscape an eery gloom casting long shadows on the ground as you and Thorin made your way further away from Erebor. The full moon was welcoming you two into the embrace of the night while thousands of stars twinkled like they were laughing at you.