Shared dreams

Dwarves and their Ones are connected in a way no other race understand as their souls are bound together completing each other. It doesn't matter if the other half isn't from the same world, dwarves feel their companion as the ache in their hearts, yearning when their soul tries to reach out to their missing part.

Thorin Oakenshield didn't expect to find the other half of his soul while on a quest, but there he was, in the middle of the night staring at the night sky feeling that strange yearning in his heart. For a few nights now, he had been dreaming about a girl and first he was sure she wasn't anything more than the image of his imagination. But as he kept seeing the same dream about the same girl over and over again each night, he started to wonder who was she.

Long dark hair was swaying delicately in the wind as she strolled across the beach dead at night full moon illuminating her path. The white light nightgown was covering her slender body while she hummed unfamiliar tone longing glistering in her light blue almost icy eyes. Thorin was standing further away gazing at the strange looking female his mouth going dry when she turn and return the gaze making Thorin feel like she was looking right through his soul. A soft giggle escaped from her mouth as she gave him a sideglance before turned away disappearing into the darkness leaving Thorin shouting, asking who she was before he woke up with a gasp and looked around.

Thorin was puzzled as he lights his pipe leaning against the boulder behind him. In his dream, Thorin didn't recognize the world, and her clothes suggested him she wasn't from Middle-Earth. Gazing at the sleeping men around the dying fire Thorin decided to keep his dreams to himself for now. There was no need for his men to start teasing him about a dream girl he was yearning to see again when he fell asleep.

You woke up feeling warm and cozy under your blanket. Turning your head glancing at the clock on your nightstand it showed 8 am. Sighing you closed your eyes stretching while yawning and not feeling like getting up but you had archery lessons in two hours, and your friend had promised to pick you up. Mumbling curses under your breath as you slowly crawled out shivering when the cold air hit your half-naked body. Raking your fingers through the long hair, you stumbled toward the shower hoping the warm water would wake you up.

"Why did I agree to change the lessons from evening to morning?"you muttered while taking off your panties and tossing them into the laundry basket.

Turning on the shower, you adjusted the temperature so you wouldn't either get cooked or frozen to death. Stepping under tilting your head back enjoying the warm water flowing down your body as your mind wandered on the dream you have been getting a week now every night.

Every night it was the same dream, walking on the beach dead at night when you heard someone shouting and turning around you saw him. Raven black long hair with a few strands of the silver, sturdy body, neatly trimmed dark beard covering his chin while wearing what looked like royal clothes and his eyes, oh lord those clear blue sky colored eyes looked right through your soul. That gaze was so intense it caused you to freeze to your spot not able to move or turn your gaze away.

Frowning you washed your hair wondering who he was. Sure he wasn't a human, but you were sure you had seen him somewhere before. Finishing washing up you turned off the shower and stepping out tried to reach your towel, but your hand got nothing but air. Turning to look at the wall where your towel was supposed to be hanging a groan escaped from your mouth. Of course, it was hanging at the door in your bedroom. Sighing you squeezed the extra water off of your hair and opening the door glanced around and skipped across the hallway toward the bedroom hastily. As if someone was watching.

Shivering from the cold you wrapped it securely around your body and went to your wardrobe wondering what on earth you were going to put on when the phone started ringing. Huffing you took the phone from the nightstand glancing who was calling before answering.