8. 2 | Security 101

Start from the beginning

I instinctively snorted at how she worded her phrase.

And with a smile, she rolls her eyes and chuckles, "You know what I mean."

I smiled at her response, "Nice to know." We laid in bed for a few more seconds in silence before I said, "Now, you gotta tell me a bit about yourself. Tell me something you've never told anyone before."

I saw that she was trying really hard to dig for a story before it was masked with a wide grin, "The first time I ever got drunk at a crazy frat party, I accidentally walked into a threesome and ever since that day, I've never been the same."

My jaw dropped a bit, "No way, did the people see you?"

"Ohhh yeahh, but it's no one I've met before so I think I'm good," she says with a laugh.

"Gheezzz, Frat parties were never my thing."

"Really?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I dunno, you seem like the kinda girl that got action at parties."

I snorted, "While people were at parties, I was probably with my cat watching horror movies."

"Awwwwwwhhhhhhhh, that is super adorable."

"I was such a loser," I giggled.

Just then, Nancy moves her whole body forward and places herself in front of me with her head resting on her hand. With a down-to-earth smile and a tiny sparkle in her eyes, she says to me, "If we were friends back then, I would've joined you and your cat for horror movies over frat parties any day."

And then, an idea came to mind:

"Maybe we could do it sometime then? Just watch movies and relax."

When I looked back to her face, her gaze softened and it didn't take long for me to fall back into that trance.

"I'd love that."

In an instant, I couldn't bear to look into her gaze any longer. I felt a few butterflies and a familiar uneasiness from when my body would stress out a bit. Instead, I focused on my hands but made a mental picture of her smile.

Then, a little giggle interrupted my thoughts, "Why are your ears so red?"

My eyes widen.

Damn, I'm too easy to read...

In order to defend myself, I just said, "Pffttt, it's nothing - let's head back upstairs or something," and quickly got up from the bed.

"Okeeyy, but can we get some food? I'm kinda hungry..."

"Oh, sure! What do you wanna get?"

"Maybe we can look around the snack aisle?"

I gave her a questioning look.

"I'll obviously pay for it! I'll leave a note and everything, I'm just really hungry," and with that, she flashes the cutest pout.