6.3 | Will You Be My Valentine?

Being that it was extremely nice out, Yeonwoo and I opted to just get some take out and sit out on her trunk overlooking the city.

While I was practically inhaling my amazingly delicious burger, I heard a chuckle from beside me, "Slow down Mcdonie, or you may as well choke."

My cheeks heated up and I used a napkin to wipe off anything from my lips. "Sorry," I muttered.

The view was stunning and the colours of the city were so vibrant, despite being winter. I could easily see our campus from up here, where major traffic was, and how far our area extends.

"Liking the view?"

I slightly jerked at her question, but responded, "Yeah, I never actually saw everything from up here. How did you even find this place?"

She shrugs, "I come here to think sometimes. The first time I actually found the place, I was just driving to see where the road could take me and a trail led me here."

While she talked, she looked over the view and she just looked very calm. At ease.

"It's also quiet here and barely anyone comes by. Whenever I want to draw or something, I come here too."

"Wait, you said no one comes up here?"

"Barely."

"You aren't trying to kill me... right?"

When she turns her head to look at me, a mischievous glint fell on her eyes, "Hmmm, I dunno Mcdonie, you were a bitch and you called me all sorts of names."

"Ummmm WERE a bitch, underline: WERE - aren't we cool now...?"

"Dunno, you also took some of my fried chicken back when we were setting up for a showcase-"

"PFFT, I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS YOURS!"

"-and I love chicken."

When she said that, her eyes became so intense and it gave me a funny chill, freezing me in place.

Suddenly, she laughs lightly, "Nah, I wouldn't kill you even if I wanted to, I don't have the stomach for it."

I scoffed at her, "Not funny Yeonwoo."

As we finished eating, she suddenly asks me, "Why did you reach out to me? When I confessed on the forum?"

And before I could even answer that question, I kinda had to think about it for myself.

Why did I do that?

"To be honest, I don't really know. But what I did know was how hard it must've been to come out. I dunno, I just thought that if you had reassurance, things won't feel as lonely, ya know?"

Yeonwoo nods silently and looks down at the Burger wrapper in her hands. The breeze was very gently, but it was enough to get the ends of her hair dancing. If I must confess, I gotta admit that Yeonwoo is a sight for sore eyes.

"Thank you."

Her quiet comment took me by surprise, and when I turned to look at her, her eyes were still looking down at her hands.

"If it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't have had the courage to come out to my family. And I honestly wouldn't have found out they were as supportive as they are now."

My heart softened as she pulled out one of the baby blue letters I wrote to her once.

"This letter," she showed me, "this letter really helped me - it's actually my favourite. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or stressed out, I always read this over and over."