Chapter five

(Treys point of view)

I wake up that morning, still in a daze. I got paired with my most beautiful trainee. The one I admired for always having a straight composure but a kind heart, both at the same time.

I walk into the living room, where she fell asleep folding blankets and organizing the books on the bookshelf's.

Her long, golden blond hair is messy, perfectly messy. Her nose is nuzzled into the pillow she cuddled up with. I one day hope to be like that pillow.

Her legs are curled under her, but they are full of goosebumps, and she is shivering. I don't blame her. Winter has probably started Up above.

I drape a blanket over her an finish organizing and putting everything away. With as much little things we have, it only takes around 30 minutes. After I have done the last thing (hang up the clothes.) I pick out a book and turn to page one, sitting in the couch at Cindy's feet.

She stirs, but I don't move. Listening to her breath helps me concentrate. It's relaxing. And weird.

When she wakes up, I look at her. She's confused, probably wondering where she's at. I stifle a laugh.

She whips her head towards me and almost falls off the couch, but I move quickly and hold her up. She's so close, I could lean in an kiss her..

But instead I pull away.

Her eyes turn from confusion to understanding, and I see her swallow.

"Um.. I'm going to go.. Uh.." She stutters.

"Eat?" I offer.

She nods and jumps into the bedroom, probably to change.

I sit there, reading for a few more minutes before she walks back out in her army uniform. The shirt shows off her curves, her pants fit like skinny jeans, and her boots are super tiny. She is stunning.

She tries to pull her hair back into a ponytail, but since we haven't been assigned a mirror yet, it's all messy.

"Here, let me do it." I offer, standing up.

She hesitates but gives in, sitting on the couch. She stays perfectly still as I move my fingers quickly through her hair. When I'm done, she says thank you.

What do I do now? Hug her? Kiss her? This is super awkward.

"Uh.. You want to come with?" She asks.

I nod, and she takes my hand in hers. It's sort of awkward, since neither of us have known each other long. But we still walk down the hall, her small, slender hand fit into my huge, muscular one.

Thank you, choosers.