i giggled at the two before walking away and heading to my car.

••

i walked into the library, silently greeting a woman that was organizing books at the main desk.

i walked to the tables by where all the fiction books were located, looking around to see if jordan was here yet.

i placed my stuff down on a random table, taking my books and materials out. i flipped to the pages jordan should've studied and read over them.

"symere," i heard someone whisper behind me. i glanced over my shoulder to see jordan who was sporting a cute smile on his face.

he had on a tracksuit with his football number, 15, on the back of the jacket. i felt stomach flutter. maybe, i do still have a crush on him.

he put his book bag on the table and sat in his chair, scooting so close to me that our knees were touching. i thought about the night at the party, with my back faced to him while he rubbed on my shoulder.

i wish more happened that night. i should've threw it back on him just a little bit just to see his reaction.

"so, megan texted me on instagram. i want to take her on a date but i don't know what's she would like," said jordan, taking his photography book out.

my stomach flutters immediately disappeared. i honestly forgot about that whole helping him with megan thing the second i saw him. now i felt shitty.

"she really likes museums," i told him, taking out my notes to prepare to quiz him.

he hummed at my response, reaching over to pick something off my sweater. his hand carefully brushed my neck, making me hold my breath.

ugh, i want him to choke me.

"is this silly string?" he asked, tossing the small red piece of it on the carpet. i snapped out of my thoughts.

"yeah," i answered, slightly giggling. "my friend needed help babysitting and when we took the kid to chuck e. cheese, they got the silly string for free."

"i didn't know you liked hanging with kids. i remember we had to teach kids how to cook and you almost fought one of them," he said curiously, putting his elbows on the tables to look at his nails.

i shook my head, holding the notebook to my lap.

"that's because that little kid threw food at me. i love little kids. they're like mini crackheads. they're fun to be around," i answered, putting my head down when smirked at me.

"true. my little sister, alexis, is literally fucking insane. she broke a lamp one time."

i perked up at the mentioned of his sister. every since i've known about jordan, he's never mentioned any thing about his personal life. in high school, people always talked about how mysterious he was. you never really knew anything beyond the surface.

"you have a little sister?" i asked, smiling at the way he happily nodded his head.

"yeah, you wanna see her?" he said, pulling out his phone. i nodded and waited for him to show me a picture.