Chapter 1

Mandy, Melissa and i were coming from buying snacks at the tuckshop for lunch. We reach the spot where we all usually chill together.

As we approach i hear Annastacia saying to Grace,Rosie,Gabriella and Durrany,"You have to finish the dare by the end of this year. We can't possibly end our junior year without any drama." I look at Mandy then at Anna and bluntly ask what she is talking about. She replies ,"Well since it's our last year as juniors i thought we should all play a game involving guys." I take a sit on the bench opposite her and ask , "What kind of a game?" Anna glances at the others then back at me and says " We give each other dares that we have to finish by the end of the year. Everyone gets a mission." I actually try to process what she just said and end just mouthing,"Oh." Rosie shouts out, "Kinda like Mission Impossible!" We all burst into laughter and I lightly role my eyes.

We somehow end up with an agreement and without really thinking this through i find myself also playing the 'mission impossible game' AKA, " The 2nd Ponzy Scheme." My mission is to get close to some guy in our stream and make him think i like him. His name is Troy and there isn't much wrong with him infact he's kinda cute but there's a but. I like never talk to him like ever and well there's always been an almost awkward vibe between the two of us. Rosie and Durrany get the same mission as mine. Anna and Grace get like-missisons. They both have to kiss a guy.

Anna a guy who she's had a complicated past with. Shane basically has always liked her, he even wrote her a love letter but she has a boyfriend but also kinda likes him. Grace on the other hand has to kiss the guy who once kissed her. Tom pretty much kissed her out of nowhere and she kinda just froze when the kiss happened, well so she said. Durrany actually really likes the guy she has to kiss but there's also a bit of a complication because she's vibing with another guy who's not from our school. Rosie's scenario is very funny because she always makes fun of the guy she now has to get close too and they barely talk.

"So whoever doesn't finish their mission gets a really harsh dare!" Grace practically shouts. "It's gonna be fun saying i told you so," Melissa teases. We all try to remind her that its a game with no real feelings attached to it but she's still hell burnt on being right so we end up failing.

EeE

The girls manage to say "hi" to the guys before study, all of them except me. Like i expected, Rosie and Durrany over exaggerate that i didn't. Right before study begins I make my way to the ladies. I'm now washing my hands and i hear what sounds like Troy, Rosie and Durrany's voices. I instantly realise its setup by the works of Durrany and Rosie and compose myself before walking out. I take a quick left turn out of the toilet as an attempt to legit run away from a probably awkward conversation. I stop within the first two steps when i hear my name being called out by Durrany. "Hi Jayne!" she practically shouts startling me a bit. I turn to the voice slowly while thinking how best to deal with the situation. " Hi," i barely manage to let out, while motioning an awkward wave to them. I immediately begin to walk away but hear Rosie shout, "So Troy is invisible? Why didn't you greet him too?!" i look back while still making my way to calss. Before i can stop myself i confidently reply, "I said hi meaning all of you guys so he's also included." I walk away feeling Troy's gaze on me for a few seconds until i enter my class. I take my sit and while i get my books out and realise how stupid this game really is.

EeE

I sigh a sigh of relief when i hear the bell ring signalling the end of school. Before I even start packing my books or asking Anna what homeworks we have i see Rosie and Durrany enter my classroom."Jayne you're supposed to make the guy like you, not think you're weird!" Durrany screams straight at me."What happened?" Anna asks."Umm these guys ambushed me. They literally made things awkward for my mission with Troy, as if it wasn't already!" i blurt out."Jayne calm down," Anna says in-between chuckles. "I was goanna say hi by my own will you know," I try and reason with a lie. "Sure you were,"

Rosie says sarcastically with an eye role. "Like I said its gonna be fun saying i told you so. Why didn't you just say 'hi' i mean he doesn't bite," Melissa adds. "That's easy for you to say you're not even playing the game. So you have no right to judge me," I say while lifting my satchel. "Bye guys, I'll see you'll tomorrow."