Chapter 11

I wanted to ask him if he was bullied at his old school. I didn't want to think that someone as nice as him would be bullied at school.

Maybe that's why he wants to be friends with me. Maybe I should give him a chance.

By the time lunch rolled around, I was feeling slightly better than I did this morning. There was a lingering feeling of fear that she might do it again,but I couldn't skip lunch. It's bad enough that I'm probably getting in trouble for skipping first period. And besides, I was starving.

When I walked into the cafeteria, Hunter already beaten me to the table. I walked slowly toward the table with my head down. I really didn't want a repeat of this morning. Before I could make it to the safety of Hunter's presence, someone grabbed my arm and jerks me around.

"Did you want me to continue from this morning ?" I quietly replied no and started to walk away. What Kaitlynn said made me stop in my tracks. "He's only going to hurt you... He really doesn't like you. And to be honest, I don't honestly blame him.. Your family doesn't have money, so you can't have anything that you want most. It's not like money can buy some friends... Shall I tell everyone the real reason why you wear jackets and long sleeves?" I took a deep breath and I started walked to the table. By that time Hunter was walking up.. I hope that he didn't hear what she said. I really don't want to talk about it. 

I felt exhausted. We turned and walked back to the table."Whatever she said isn't true.. I promise." Hunter reassured me when I sat down. Or at least tried to..