-chapter 1-

-A MONTH LATER-

-JARED-

"STOP WINNING!" Evan screeches at me, throwing his controller down on the bed. I smirk. "Stop losing!" "UGH!!! If you weren't my boyfriend, I'd totally hate you for this." I chuckle, then stick out my tongue. He giggles. God, that laugh. Takes me incredible places. Just like his eyes. Blue, like the sea, gazing at me.. I snap back. He grins. "You were staring at me." I blush. "Can't help it. You're too perfect, Hansen." He giggles, cheeks red. "S-stop." "No u." I smiled at him, leaning in and then- "EVAN! Can you come down for a few minutes?" He rolls his eyes, calling back, "Sure Mom. I'll be back, Jar-bear." "DON'T CALL ME THAT." He smiles, then shuts the door behind him and goes down the stairs. I chuckle, getting my phone out and scrolling through Instagram while I wait.

He comes back with tears in his eyes. "What's wrong, Acorn?" I go over to him, putting my arm around him. "I-I'm m-moving.. Next month.. My mom got a new job.. I-in Washington.." I gasp. That was halfway across the country. He chokes back a sob, and we sit down on his bed, sobbing together. After 10 minutes of holding each other and crying, I take a shuddery breath. "I was gonna wait until your birthday t-to do this but.." I reach into my bag and pull my ukulele out. Wiping my eyes, I strum it softly, then hum a starting note to myself.

"How many times do I have to tell you

Even when you're crying you're beautiful too

The world is beating you down, I'm around through every move

You're my downfall, you're my muse

My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues

I can't stop singing, it's ringing, in my head for you

My head's under water

But I'm breathing fine

You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me

Loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me

I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginning

Even when I lose I'm winning

'Cause I give you all of me

And you give me all, all of you

Give me all of you.."

I finish, the last note hanging in the air. He looks at me, blue eyes bright. "J-jared.. I didn"t k-know you could s-sing that well.." I blush. "I c-can't. That sucked." He shakes his head. "N-no... that was amazing. Thank you." I put my hand on his cheek. "I love you, Evan. More than you could ever know." He smiles. "I love you too."

Sksksksks i'm dieing

I'm sorry about copying and pasting the lyrics. i'm lazy okay?

Love yall so much,

-Christine

(word count: 442 words)