A random cab driver hugging me was strange but at the same time it felt known.

As if I've hugged him before.

But why can't i seem to remember then?

"ma'am we already reached. You can get down now." he said snapping me out of my thoughts.

I looked at him with a confused face thinking if i should ask him about last time's incident.

Isn't it gonna be weird asking this suddenly out of nowhere?

I was about to ask him about it when again he hugged me.

This time tighter.

I was shocked.
My mouth was hanging and my eyes seemed as if it was about to pop out any minute.

For the second time he hugged me and again without any warning.

But why do i feel safe in his arms?

He's somebody unknown but why do i feel like he's the closest to me?

Why it is that i feel he's somone important to me?

As if i NEED him?

After a few seconds he released me.

I looked at his eyes and it seemed like as if he was about to break down any moment.

But why?

All we heard that time was silence.

The silence made my blood as cold as the autumnal air that crept through an open window. Bereft of any wind the leaves outside hung limp until they fell of their own accord, there was no whispering noise or rustling. It was as if nature conspired to keep me in the dark, not daring to whisper the reassurance I craved.

"why do you keep hugging me? What's the reason?"

I asked him getting a bit hyper as an unknown cab driver hugged me for the second time.

"You're not the girl everybody thinks. Are you?"

He asked making me go all numb.

Nobody ever said this to me.

Why him?

My brain stutters for a moment and my eyes take in more light than I expected, every part of me goes on pause while my thoughts catch up.

" what are you talking about? " I asked him not having a single clue about his words.

"do me a favour and i won't reveal your truth." he said smiling at me.

He knows?

My eyes and my mouth were frozen wide open in an expression of stunned surprise.

"what kind of favour? And what truth are you talking about?" i asked him getting a little bit scared.

He cannot.

Nobody knows about it.

" we both know what I'm talking about. Just do me a little favour and your secret will be safe with me."
He replied.

Leapt in the air as if a firecracker had gone off, shrieked, wild eyed, bewildered, hands over mouth, nostrils flaring, mouth opening and shutting like a goldfish with no sound coming out, still as a statue, ridged as a board, face stuck in an incredulous expression, unblinking stare, shaking head in disbelief, sent reeling backwards, brain desperately scrambling to make sense of it all, rendered speechless, temporarily incapacitated, stood as if paralysed from the neck up, gibbering nonsense, unable to comprehend what had just occurred.

" whatever you'll say. I'm willing to do it. But, as long as you'll keep your mouth shut and won't reveal it to anyone." I answered not having any other way.

He smirked a little and said

"That's what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you're not so lovable." coming forward with his hands inside the pockets of those white pants he was wearing.

"sorry?" i asked him dumbfoundedly about what he just said now.

Love?

"  hug me. "

"every time i drop you to your house. Don't ask what's wrong and just do it."

" hug me today, tomorrow, everyday." 

He walked up to me slowly and pulled me closer to him wrapping his arms around me. His embrace was warm, and his big, strong arms seemed very protective when wrapped around my frail body. Like as if world around me melted away.

For the third time now.

But it feels good.

In that moment his arms squeezed a fraction tighter and he breathed more slowly, his body melting into mine's as every muscle lost its tension to the autumnal air.

Despite the heaviness in my stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of my body pressed against his. I sank into the warmth of his side, appreciative of the simple gesture.

He was different.

___________________________________

Here comes the second chapter. I hope all the readers are enjoying till this much.
Let me know your thoughts.
Comment down below and don't forget to vote peepz.
My exams are finally finished and I'll be updating a lot these days. Yayyyyy. XD
Goodbye lovelies. Peace💕

 Peace💕