🀅Chapter 1: The Cursed Child And The Blessed Child🀅

Start from the beginning

Daigo held no sorrow for the old man's death nor felt threatened about the prophecy he had heard since he was a child. "I will not let the land succumb to evil for I alone shall bring a bright future." Daigo said after he gave his finale prayer that the Priest's spirit will rest in peace. Daigo pushed the Priest's body to the side and sat down facing the twelve Demon statues. "12 Demons, I am Daigo Kagemitsu. Lord of Ishikawa, and vassal to the governor of Kaga Province. Repeated famines and epidemics have swept my land, enfeebling my people to the point of death. As things stand, I shall never attain the power and renown I crave. My ambitions will remain a mere dream. But I refuse to rely on the mercy of Buddha or the Gods! What I'm about to say to you is not a prayer. I came to make a deal. If you protect my land and let me rule the country, I will give you anything of mine. Anything! Take whatever you wish! Do you hear me!" Daigo shouted with his arms opened out to the Demons. It was quiet until a swift windblown then suddenly lighting came crashing down in the Hall of Hell. The lighting gave Daigo a scar on his forehead in the form of an X to seal the deal that was made between him and the twelve Demons.

(Flashback Ended)

The woman was still in bed screaming her lungs out as she continued to push through the pain. "My lady, just a bit more." The midwife encourages the woman. "Goddess of Mercy, please protect me..." She said until one final push and then the little miracle was born. The woman's screams finally ended but now the newborn's screams were all you could hear within the Fortress. "He is born." The midwife exclaims as she carefully wrapped the babe up in a royal purple clothe. However, before she could see the babe's face lighting struck the baby and blinded everyone in the room. There was something ominous about the lighting like as if evil was within the lighting itself. Outside of the chamber, Daigo's scar began a glow faintly and then disappeared as soon as the lighting did as well. Once the lord unshielded his eyes one of the midwives ran out in a screaming panic. Daigo quickly walked into the room to see that his wife was holding the covered baby in her arms while the two other midwives were still in shock. "My Lord." The woman sighed with a smile on her face. "Is the baby born?" Daigo asked

"Yes but....." The old midwife tried to finish her sentence but couldn't for her lips were quivering too much to even form words. "What? Say it." Daigo demanded an answer from the midwife. "He is born, my Lord. He is your son." Daigo's wife answered as the baby began to move around. "My lady...." The midwife was speechless even after what had just happened the new mother still loves the child. "An heir, you've done well!" Daigo said with pride as his wife passed him the covered babe. "Sir, no...!" The midwife tried to stop him but it was too late. Daigo uncovered his son to see that the baby was born malformed, limbless and without any facial feature he didn't have any skin! " I don't know what happened. He's alive but he has no limbs, eyes nor a nose. He doesn't have any skin. Daigo suddenly remembered the deal he made with the Demons anything of his in exchange for power. "My Lord, I feel a deep love for this woeful child of ours. No matter his appearance, he is our son." Daigo's wife said hoping that Daigo would still love their son even if his appearance was unsightly. However, Daigo just laughs like a mad man. "My dream will be fulfilled." Daigo said in glee. "My Lord?" Daigo's wife questioned as she felt a shiver down her spine. "The Demons agreed to the deal. You need not worry. Thank you for bearing him." Daigo said before he passed his son to the old midwife. That meant he didn't want the baby anymore and also means the end of the baby's life. At that moment Daigo's wife whole being was filled with dread. "What are you doing, stop! Wait!" Daigo's wife cried out to the midwife but failed. She tried to get out of bed to go after them but Daigo stopped her from moving. "Forget him. He never even existed." Daigo commanded but his wife continued to struggle to get to her child. "No, Don't!" She cried out with her arms reaching out for her baby.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

{2002}

It was dark and there was no moon neither did the stars shined. A woman dressed in dark rags and had a cloak over her head to conceal her identity. She was carrying a little bundle with both of her arms and with such care too. Once She saw a temple the woman immediately knows what to do so she drives up the stairs of the temple to get to the large doors. Once she was at the doors she suddenly heard a monstrous howl coming from behind her. In a rush, she carefully puts the bundle on the steps and then ran down the steps in order to lead away whatever made the noise. In the shadows a dark and monstrous creature sprint after the woman until it pounced on her and dragged her body into the darkness.

The bundle that the mysterious woman left behind started to move and cry. The bundle kept on moving around until the clothing fell off to reveal a beautiful baby girl that had black tussles of hair on her head. The Baby continued to cry until the doors of the temple open to reveal a small elderly woman who was wearing an old fashion nightgown that was covered by a jacket. This implied that she had just awoken. When the old woman heard a cry she looked down and gasped to see that there was a baby in front of the temple. The elderly woman bent down to carefully pick up the baby in her arms and rocketed it slowly to sleep. Once the baby fell asleep she looked around to see if the person who left the baby was still around. But there wasn't a single soul outside beside herself and the sleeping baby in her arms. The old woman let out a sigh in defeat and went inside the temple with the baby in her arms.