Makoto said nothing, listening to his headphones.

Minako's were placed around her neck.

"Make the most out of this trip, okay, Makoto?"

Makoto stared at Minako, watching as the sun's rays made her look way more beautiful than she already is.

It took him some time, but he finally realised something.

He had fallen in love with Minako and he was looking for the right moment to confess to her.

The fear of rejection was evident in his chest, though.

He didn't want things to become all awkward and possibly break the friendship the two of you shared.

He didn't really know what to do. Makoto never even confessed to anyone in his life.

There wasn't anyone who he could be asking relationship advice from.

Kenji?  A girl and friend of Minako's, Rio, is in love with him but he's too dense too notice anything.

Kazushi? Too nervous to confess to Yuko.

Bebe? He just wanted to make art.

Junpei? He'd never hear the end of it.

Akihiko? He was...something.

A sigh escaped Makoto's lips as he took a glance at Minako, wondering if she felt the same way as him or not.

______________________________________

SEES had arrived to Yakushima and the boys had already run to the beach, saying that they didn't what to waste a single second as they dragged a very lazy Makoto with them.

"Now that I think about it, isn't my body too exposed?" Minako self-consciously rubbed a hand on her arm, looking at herself in the mirror.

"Don't be stupid, you're just imaging things!" Yukari shrugged off, placing sunglasses on her head. "You look hot."

"It's weird to have my bellybutton exposed..." Fuuka coughed into her hand.

"Fuuka, you look so adorable! Don't think about it so much!" Minako placed a reassuring hand on the girl's shoulder.

"Yukari-chan, you look amazing." Fuuka complimented.

"W-We all do!" Yukari blushed. "Now let's get going before the boys complain."

The girls came to the beach one by one.

The first girl that came was Yukari.

"Ugh, could you be any louder?" Yukari rolled her eyes at the boys. "But yikes. What's up with Akihiko-senpai's swimsuit? I can feel my face getting red just looking at it."

"Yo, about time you guys got here." Akihiko waved. "Something wrong, Yukari?"

"That's a pretty...small...swimsuit." Yukari coughed.

"What, don't you know? Swimsuits like this reduce water resistance and-"
"That's okay, I didn't ask for an explanation." Yukari looked away. "...Hey, Junpei, what's the matter? You look even dumber than usual."

"Maaan...Talk about a feast for the eyes, haha." Junpei grinned. "Yuka-tan's wearing a more aggressive model than I had imagined. Could her boldness come from the confidence that her club training has toned her bod?!"

"What?!" Yukari stomped her foot.

"And check out, Mina-tan, she's one cute mermaid herself!" Junpei eyed Minako as she walked to the beach and to her friends.