S.S. Teaphi part 2

VAUGHN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vaughn walked over to Tea with his hands sweating and his heart racing. He had no idea what he was going to say, or even how he was going to strike up a conversation. "Think Vaughn, think. What would a cool guy like you say to a perfect girl like her? What am I gonna sa-"

Vaughn's train of thought was cut short when he noticed that his legs had already taken him to Tea's table, and that she and her friends were looking at him auspiciously. He began to sweat, and he felt it trickle down his forehead.

"Um, h-hi...." Vaughn said, whilst wiping the sweat off of his brow.

With a smile, she said, "Hi. I'm Tea, nice to meet you!".

Vaughn had no idea where to go to from this point on. He didn't expect to get this far into the conversation, so he just stood there, staring at her blankly, while she was studying his expression. She could clearly see that he was nervous, but for what reason she did not know.

TEA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tea never considered herself to be pretty, much less beautiful. She wasn't used to social encounters such as this, even when in large groups. How was she supposed to be prepared for a one-on-one conversation with a guy that looks like he came out of a Vogue magazine?

"Uh, I'm Vaughn." He said, slightly stuttering.

"So, you're the guy who, uh, planned this soiree?" She asked, not sure why he was approaching her.

She could see the beads of sweat running down his forehead, and his cheeks turning as red as some the cakes that she and her classmates gave to 9B.

"Um, s-sort of. Matt over there did most of the work w-with Elijah..." He said, and he wiped his sweaty palms upon his colored jeans.

After about 2 minutes of awkward silence, Tea finally mustered the courage to say something to him, and said, "S-so...Nice soiree, right?".

VAUGHN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the awkward silence, everything came to Vaughn as a blur. He remembered her saying something about the soiree, and it all went downhill from there, in his own opinion, of course.

"Well," he said, managing a small grin, "it's not as nice as t-talking to you..."

He felt as if he was just hit by a train.

"T-thanks..." Tea said, unsure of what she just heard.

Stammering, Vaughn immediately said, "It's not t-that I'm hitting on you or anything...It's just that.... Um, It's nice to spend time with great people?"

Suave, Vaughn thought to himself.

Tea turned to her friends, whispered something in one of their ears, and turned back to Vaughn, and said "Do you want to like, get a drink or something?", with a grin almost resembling his.

"Yeah, s-sure. I'd like that.."

"Well then, come on, silly!" Said Tea playfully, and grabbed him by the hand.

And he could've sworn that he felt his heart leap from his chest.