Bella hovered over him, her long hair falling around her pale face. Her eyes were thick with the worry he had imagined. She wasn't one of them. He reached up and stroked her pale cheek, but she shrank away, eyes huge with confused panic. How her face was different than he remembered...it wasn't as pretty as he remembered, but her face was still beautiful.

"Who are you?" She asked, her voice scarcely audible. He stared at her. She only stared back with frightened eyes. "What the hell Bella." He snapped at last, and she shrank away. "But...wa-Bella?" She asked, still whispering. Jacob sat up, and his eyes cleared. It wasn't Bella. The pain in his gut wrenched at him again.

"Who are you?" He asked flatly. His voice was dead. "My name is Marnie. Marnie Aisling. Not Bella," she answered hesitantly, studying his face in frightened confusion. "Not Bella." He said, and turned his face away. There was no point any more with her. "I'm afraid not, but, do you need help or something? Do you feel alright? I swear I just saw you turn human from a gigantic wolf!" She exclaimed, hysteria creeping into her soft voice.
He sighed.

"Just leave me." He said, disappointed that his eyes betrayed him into thinking his love was here with him. "I have a cell phone...I'm going to call the hospital just in case..." The auburn haired girl said, opening up her string bag.

"I'm fine." He said flatly. His patience was nearly used up."Are you sure? I swear I just saw..."
"I'm FINE. " He snapped, sitting up. He jumped to his feet. He started to walk away, his jaw set.
"No-please-wait! I'm sorry if I did anything..." She trailed off, staring after him pleadingly.

He stopped, trying to continue to breathe regularly.
"You did nothing." He said quietly, closing his eyes for patience, only to be greeted by Bella's face as if it had been burned into his eyelids.
"Please- you must be hurt somehow- I know I saw you tortured..."

Jacob wavered, and sadness broke upon him.
"I- can't-" He stopped, his voice breaking.
"Please," She whispered, "Let me help you."
"You can't help me- nobody can help me." Jacob informed her, his face tensed with the burning of his heart.

Suddenly she was beside him, patting his shoulder a little uncomfortably. He shied away from her touch. "I'm going to leave." He said, his voice level again. "Sorry for disturbing your day." He knew he sounded cold, and he didn't care.

"No! Don't leave, PLEASE." She begged him, eyes wide. "I'll never be able to get over what I saw- I'll believe anything you say- just stay here, and tell me."

His voice, lifeless, managed to pull itself out of his mouth with a struggle. He needed to be alone more than anything. "I'm sorry."
"Please?" She whispered after a silence. How her face looked like Bella. How much she looked like she needed him. Suddenly something inside him broke.

"I'm so sorry," He whispered, and turned to face her. She looked terrified at how haunted he looked. "Please forgive me." He whispered again, intensity filling his low voice.

"Wha- for what?" She whispered back. The heat of anger burned out the hollows of his injuries, melting the acid and replacing it with fire. His voice, low and heated, rang against the trees."I'm going to kill Edward Cullen."

Marnie Aisling was a stubborn girl, Jacob concluded, his mouth in a hard line. She was mild and patient, timid almost, but determinedly stubborn. Cate was walking with him, light and quick on her feet.

"You're parents will worry." Jacob told her flatly. It was a lame excuse for him to pull. "They won't notice. My dad and his wife are too goggling over eachother to even notice. I disappeared for two weeks without telling them anything to go visit my aunt, and they didn't even notice."

"Two weeks?" He asked. Now he was concerned. What type of parent doesn't notice their child's disappearance for two weeks?! "Okay, so maybe one and a half." She admitted shyly.
"This isn't going to be a week long trip."
"Week and a HALF."
"Sure, sure."
She turned her large brown eyes to him and lifted a brow at him. "I'm serious." The girl stated bluntly. "So am I," said the heartbroken wolf.
"So what's the problem?" The girl asked curiously, walking in sync with the tall man. "You're my problem," He mumbled, eyeing the long stretch of road he'd be able to cover in two seconds without her.