Chapter 24- "I miss you"

-Calum's POV-

I was already crying hysterically by the sight of Hope's blood dripping from Alex' claws. I could see her eyes roll back and I knew that I'd lose her in a few seconds. So I gathered all my energy, all my strength together, because this moment could change my whole life. It was so hard, but I didn't give up.

All the horrible thoughts gave me a little boost to resist Alex' powers. And suddenly, my muscles came back, I could feel again as I jumped up with a loud growl. I didn't waste any second to run to Alex and pin him against the ground. "No! That's impossible!" He screamed, before I took his head between my hands, ripping it off. The moment his skin was torn appart, I heard a silent gasp.

"Hope!" I cried, running towards her. She has flied across the room, her cheek was covered with blood and her white shirt has changed into a red one. "It's okay, I'm here" I mumbled, holding her fragile body tight against mine. "I... I'm sorry" Her soft voice whispered in my neck. "No, don't be... We'll... We'll get through this, together" I stuttered, while I was trying to communicate by mind with Luke, who could heal her.

Some seconds, which seemed like years later, Luke stumbled in the room, kneeling down next to me. Also his face and arms were bruised. "Please, heal her" I cried, showing him all the cuts that Alex has caused, whose head was laying appart from his body. Hope was strong, she tried to keep her eyes open, tears were rolling as her hand was envelopped in mine.

Without letting her go, Luke concentrated on her, to heal all the wounds. His eyes were pierced shut, wrinkles began to appear above his eyebrows and his teeth were clenched on each other. All of a sudden, I felt Hope's grip on me loosen up. "No... No, Hope, don't give up" I panicked, holding her closer to me. "I'm so sorry" Those were the last words that fell from her lips, before her eyes rolled back and her eyelids covered them.

"No" I mumbled. 'She's still alive. She's just having a black out. I didn't lose her, she's still here' I told myself, even though I knew they were big lies. I just didn't want to be in this reality, I wanted to be in that bubble again, with only her accompanying me, disconnected from the world. "No" I repeated, hugging the lifeless body tightly. "I'm so sorry, mate" Luke whispered, laying his hand on my shoulder.

My heart has survived a lot of pains, it has been ripped out often and every time it could recover. But all those bad memories have still left a mark in my chest. Every time something bad happened, my heart got a little weaker, but that wasn't comparable to what I felt when I saw Hope, dying in my own arms. I'll never be able to cure from this. The very last pieces of my heart that were still okay, untouched, are broken now.

'Now Alex has what he wanted. I'm broken and nobody will ever be able to fix me. He finally got what he's dreamed of for five years, but now he's dead'' "I love you" I mumbled, kissing her bloody cheek one last time, before I stood up. "Where are you going?" Luke chased me as I stormed out of this crappy chalet, into the woods.

"Calum!" I saw the others running up to me, also covered with several blood stains. The members of Alex' pack laid on the ground, all unconcious, but still alive, I could hear their heartbeat. "Are you alright? Where's Hope?" Jesse panicked, throwing her arms around me. "She's gone" The moment that sentence fell from my lips, my heart got ripped out once more, but I didn't show any emotion as I pushed her away from me.

A deadly silence domineered the moment, I didn't stop in my tracks as I made my way home and fortunately, I could hear they weren't chasing me. 'I knew this day was coming and I knew it was too perfect to be real. I should've been carefuller and more protective. I've never wished so bad to turn back the time, so I could prevent that fight. She would've still been here if I wasn't so stubborn. I am a fuck up'