Chapter 6

"Coming!" I said very excitedly before hanging up.

The first thing I did was FaceTime Jaron. We hadn't spoken all day because he spent most of it recovering from the night before.

"Happy Birthday! I was just about to call" he said as soon as it connected.

"Thank you. But guess who's here?" I asked almost not being able to keep the secret. He only raised an eyebrow.

"Connor. Oh wait, I never got to tell you. Ok, so you remember the boy from the line at the club last night? Yeah, well I kinda ran into him again in my lyft on the way home and we kinda connected and we also smoked and we've pretty much been talking since. And now he's outside and says that we're going for a ride." I made the story as simple as I could and said it as quickly as I could so that I didn't waste much time.

"Bitch!!" He was just as shocked as I was about the whole thing. "You better go! I got your location just in case anything shady happens."

I smiled. "I'm going to text you." I replied.

"Aigh."

After that, I hung up and ran to my closet to find something to wear.

I didn't bother getting all dressed up. I threw on some black nike sweatpants, my black nike air max and my orange & black north face coat with a black t shirt and a few gold chains just because. I then grabbed my "CHill" fanny pack and strapped it around myself. I didn't do it because I was going with Connor though, it was just my go to bag to carry my essentials whenever I was leaving out.

I sprayed myself with my favorite cologne because why not and quickly snapped a picture in my mirror before leaving out.

I raced outside and around to the back of the building before crossing the street and heading towards his car. I must say, it looked even nicer up close.

This time though, he was standing next to the car with two balloons in his hands, one with the number "1" and the other with the number "9".

I walked up to him, giving him a tight hug when I reached him. He smelled amazing, but I couldn't quite figure out what the scent was.

"Happy Birthday" he whispered in my ear sending chills down my spine. I try not to show how much that had affected me.

He led me around to the passenger side, reaching around me so that he could open the door. I climbed in, looking over as he held the door open with the smile that hadn't left his face since I'd seen him.

He jogged around to the other side of the car, balloons still in hand.

"I wanted to give you everything at once" he says as he enters the car.

"Wait there's more?" I asked shocked. With the hand that isn't holding the balloons, he reaches into the back, grabbing a bouquet of flowers with a card attached.

"You didn't have to do all of this" I insist.

"Just open it" he laughs.

I remove the card from the bouquet, placing the flowers down gently next to me. I opened what appeared to just be an ordinary birthday card.

As I opened it, a hundred dollar bill and a pair of keys slide out. How did I not feel those? I let them fall onto my lap and began to read.

Happy Birthday. Hope this one is more special than the last. It read. How cliché?

Connor's hand then reached over, pulling the other side of the card into my view to show me what he had written. I almost hadn't seen it due to the way I was holding the card.

You can waste your life drawing lines, or you can live your life crossing them. He signed his name under it with a small heart next to it. I looked over to him for clarification on what that meant.

I had told him about how I didn't get out much, but I wasn't exactly sure what he was implying.

"Buckle up" he smiled and winked. I put the key and the money in my fanny pack and did as he said, not even bothering to question it because for some reason, I trusted him.

It wasn't everyday that I found myself being attracted to someone, but when I did, it didn't usually take long for me to put my trust into them or fall for them which I guess you could say was one of my flaws. I didn't believe in "moving too fast". I felt that you should just go with the flow of things and move at whatever pace you were okay with.

Connor pulled out of the parking lot and onto the street as he began to pick of the speed. I could tell that he wasn't driving at the speed limit, but he wasn't going too fast as to where I was scared.

We were driving for about 30 mins filled with just music playing softly through the radio speakers, Connor holding my hand in his free one and us occasionally glancing over at one another and blushing when we caught each other.

I'd have to say that though the car ride was silence, no words could have made that moment better than it was. We had spent the vast majority of our first encounter getting to know a lot about each other and now, I was just enjoying his company.

I hadn't been paying attention to where we were driving because a part of me actually wanted to be surprised and so for that reason, I tried my best to keep my eyes off of the road.

"We're here" he announced.

I looked around, but did not see anything I recognized. "Where are we?"

He pointed to a sign just outside of my window that read Treasure Hill Golf Course.

"Why are we here?" I asked unfastening my seatbelt. I thought back to the card he had gotten me and was now even more confused on what he was tryna tell me.

I watched as he got out of the car and came around to open my door. "My dad owns this golf course. When I was younger, I loved the water so much that he had a lake built here resembling a beach so that I could go all the time whenever he was here. It's where I come when I need to clear my mind or just get away from everyone."

He led me out of the car and around the building to fence. I could see the lake that he had mentioned just beyond the gate, but the gate had a big lock on it.

"How are we supposed to get in?"

That's when he smiled and I realized that's what the key he had gotten me was for. I reached into my fanny pack and pulled the key out, looking at him for reassurance before unlocking the gate.

"I wish you would have told me this is what we're doing. I don't even have anything to swim in."

He sent me a playful wink and grabbed my hand, pulling me down to the lake like a little child.

Oh boy.

——————————————————————————

Sorry that it took so long for this update. I don't like this one because I kind of feel like it was rushed, but that might just be me. I'm juggling a lot with school and work, but I'm going to try and stay as consistent as possible.