I missed you

Marinette stood in front of the mirror. she never cared about her appearance much, but Adrien has been on her mind lately, and she'd do anything for Adrien to say she looked amazing again.

The winter dance was coming up and Marinette was anxious. Though being only in their freshman year, she felt as if high school is almost over. she wore a chat noir sweater over her jeans with a light scarf loosely fitted around her neck. instead of her natural pigtails, she has her hair in a French braid, the remanding length over her shoulder. she never wore make up, so why should she now?

On her way to school, she spots Adriens car and her heart starts to beat faster.

she didn't get much sleep due to the incident with chat noir last night, she had many questions running through her head.

why was he under my bed?

why did he decide to visit me?

why did he leave so suddenly?

and why was he acting so strangely?

Before she knew it she was at school. Her friends, including Adrien, standing outside the school in an array of laughter.

She felt slightly left out, but brushed that thought aside as it was silly and irrelevant. She looked down but the moment she looked up she swears she saw Adrien looking at her.

There was a slight pink growing on his cheeks, but she blamed it on the winter breezes and ignored the thought in the back of her head, telling her he was blushing.

She was still staring at Adrien, wearing a red flannel with skinny jeans on, and he looked amazing. wait..

she noticed something that almost made her heart leap with happiness and joy.

he was wearing the scarf she made for him a while back for his birthday, which he first had mistaken it as his fathers gift. he still doesn't know Marinette made it as a gift for him, for she didn't wanna ruin his happiness. it made her feel good he liked the scarf.

She was interrupted in her thoughts with a tap on her shoulder.

"Hey Mari,"

Alya looked at her with a casual smile.

"Do you wanna head in?"

She nodded and took one last glance at Adrian. He trailed behind us, Nino as his side. they were talking about something, that made adriens face turn red, and She desperately wanted to know. but she brushed off the nagging of her brain and enhanced in a conversation with Alya.

Classes went by, and she caught Adrien looking at her once or twice.

Sometimes she thought he thought she was pretty, other times she felt super insecure about what he might be thinking.

At the end of the day, she and Adrien talked a casual conversation and waved their goodbyes. but before Adrien headed down the steps, he turned to her with a smile.

"Hey.. uh. Mari, do you mind if I come over after school to work on the project?"

"Huh?"

there wasn't a project.

Adrien smirked and leaned closer to her ear.

which made her think of chat..

her thoughts were interrupted with a whisper in her ear.

"You know.. the chemistry one."

Marinette got his pun and blushed profusely.

"Y-yea of course."