fired

Anan's POV

It's been four weeks since the incident with Mr. Amir. I don't want to call him my friend anymore, but I'm truly thankful for him saving me. I send him a text saying,

"Thank you for saving me."

But I never received a reply. Maybe he's too busy. After all, I'm talking about Omar Amir Khan, who is now a multimillionaire with a huge company and seems to have forgotten about our friendship. So sweet of him, not to forget the sarcasm behind it.

I've been working in this small shop part-time, and I have to work here daily after my lectures. As I was cleaning and arranging, my coworker Harry came.

"Hey," he chirped.

"Hey, Harry," I smiled back.

"You look tired. What was the lecture?" he asked, leaning against the wall and putting on his name tag.

"About forms of memory," I replied.

"Huh... hahaha... now, that's a hard topic," he laughed. He looks so cute when he laughs, but I can't let my mind wander.

Harry is the other worker beside me, along with two girls I barely talk to. Harry is much nicer to me than the girls. The shop is run by Mrs. Henry, an old but kind lady. She pays me well, so I'm more than happy to work here. When my work was done, someone entered the shop.

"Customers!" Harry winked. He's not only a good guy but also quite good looking, and his presence attracts more customers, especially girls.

For a short girl like me, Harry looks tall with a light skin tone and dark chocolate brown hair. His features are sharp and well-defined, making him quite attractive. I can't help but have a little crush on him.

Harry walked to the cashier and asked Sandy to get the corner table, but she insisted it was my turn, which annoyed me since I had been doing most of the work. Harry walked away, pretending not to notice her, and she huffed. I felt sorry for her boyfriend, who probably had no idea about her actions behind his back.

"Anan, can you please go get the corner table's order?" Harry flashed one of his cutest smiles, and I felt my cheeks tingle. I wasn't thrilled about it, but Harry's charm made it hard to say no.

Walking towards the corner table, I noticed a young man who seemed quite cheerful. He smiled when he saw me, and I smiled back, ready to take his order.

"Hello, sir. What would you like to have?" I stammered a bit since I usually don't take orders from strangers. It's not a big deal, but I prefer to stay in the kitchen most of the time.

"Just a cup of cappuccino," he replied with a sweet-sounding voice, and it seemed like he was overly excited about it. I went back and quickly served his order. As I looked back at him, I noticed he was sipping the cappuccino with a smile, which brought a smile to my face as well. He seemed different from the usual customers.

Harry nudged me and said, "Hey, Miss Shayla, why are you smiling all alone, huh?" I shook my head and tried to hide my emotions.

"Nothing, and please, not that Shayla name," I replied, smiling slyly. He raised his eyebrows as if he doubted me, and a mischievous grin appeared on his lips.

"Don't tell me you've found your new love with this order... just a cup of cappuccino," he teased, making me laugh. Harry pretended to hold someone and danced around, making kissy faces. I rolled my eyes at his silliness.

"Oh, Shayla," Kathy joined in the conversation, and I rolled my eyes again. Kathy was the type to act sweet but was far from it. I had seen her and Sandy create drama and try to humiliate me in the past.