Prologue

This is it. Today is the day that I'm going to run away. Run away from home and my family. I'm sick and tired of everyone's constant fighting and complaining. It's like everything I do is never enough. Everything I say is always too much. And I'm starting new. 

I've waited until this time of day to do it. It's finally night time and midnight to be exact. It's dark outside so no one would see me. Not that they would if it was light out. I'm invisible to everyone in my house.

I decided to dye my hair Red Velvet today. It's always been my favorite color and I figured why not? It's not like anyone around here will notice. 

I live pretty far away from everyone else that I know. My school is pretty far away but I always enjoy the ride. It gives me time to think and listen to the music. Feel the beat and the base. Whether it's a body bouncing song or a tear jerking one. I get to live in my own world.

I feel my iPhone buzzing in my pocket and I look down, stretching the pocket open wider and reaching in carefully with my thumb and index finger, picking up the phone and sliding across the screen to answer the call. 

"Hello?" I answer, raising an eyebrow at who would call me this late. No one replies and the line goes dead. Well isn't that creepy. I shake my head and shove my iPhone back into my pocket, picking up my bag and setting it down on my desk.

I sigh and look around my dark room, having only a small lamp on to allow me to see. I walk over to it and shut it off, hearing a clicking noise. 

I take a deep breath and make my way over to my bed when I feel something bump into my leg, making me trip. 

I look around the dark room and see my rolling chair a few inches away from me. Really? A chair? Well I don't even like chairs. 

I smell something that seems to be burning and I make my way up to my feet, standing up straight and opening my door. 

I tiptoe across the hallway to the stairs when I feel dizzy. I hold onto the railing of the stairs and swing myself to sit on the top step. 

Something smells like burning rubber. I blink a few times before I see light coming from downstairs. Not a regular light. More like an orange red colored light. I hear a loud beeping noise singing around me and shouting as smoke races up the stairs, slapping me straight in the face.

I cough a few times until my vision gets foggy and I feel myself get lightheaded. I look around me and hold onto the railing once again, pulling myself up and taking uneasy double steps down the staircase and find myself tripping on the last one, bumping my head against something hard.

I open my eyes and feel them tear up as a burning sensation spreads in me. I look back to the open room of my house and see the orange red light once again. But instead of what I expected which was a light bulb about to die out, fading in it's color; I see a fire flaming high, making it's way to the ceiling and spreading through the house.

"Alana!" someone shouts. I squeeze my eyes shut tightly, feeling the water from my burning eyes rush down my cheeks. I open my eyes again and I look back and see the front door ten feet away from me. 

I pull my shirt over my mouth and nose and hold my hand over the top of the cloth, scooting my way to the door. I feel my eyes burn more and my hand starts to feel dry. I look down at it and see a red liquid sitting in my palm. 

My eyes flash up to the doorknob and I grab a hold of it with my bleeding hand. I didn't realize that our floors were so ruff. I pull myself up slowly and stumble a bit before grabbing hold of the wall to steady myself. 

I turn the lock to the right and move my right hand up to the code lock, pressing a couple wrong numbers. I swear silently and squint at the keypad and enter the number 011791. 

It makes a small clicking noise before the door swings open and I fall out onto the porch. I roll myself down the steps onto the grass and feel my back being matted onto the cold wet night grass as I stare up at my house.

I watch as the fire spreads through the windows, making the glass shatter and burn all at the same time. The fire screams at me and roars to life as it consumes my house. I hold back a sob and watch as the house lights up, sending glass everywhere. I feel a sharp rip in my arm and I see a piece of glass. 

I look around and my eyes stop burning. All I see is darkness. I stand up slowly and walk away from the burning smell. I can feel trees and bushes whipping around me. 

I hear some voices that sound low but a bit deep. I walk forward and feel my head go numb as bodies surround me. At least five. 

"Liam is she-" I hear someone whisper as I collapse to the ground. Everything black and ruff. And this time I don't even hear silence.

I just hear death as it laughs in my face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ I ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇ? Cᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ + Vᴏᴛᴇ ɪғ I sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ. Sᴇʀɪᴏᴜsʟʏ. Cᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ AND Vᴏᴛᴇ. Tʜᴇ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ ᴘᴀᴄᴋᴀɢᴇ ʙᴀʙʏ(:

Tʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ, I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇᴅ ɪᴛ. Lᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛs, ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴠᴏᴛᴇs, ᴀɴᴅ I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇᴅ ɪᴛ, ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ.

Tʀᴀɪʟᴇʀ ɪs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴇs, I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ʙʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ(:

Sᴏ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋs ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ғᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ, ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ.. Aɴᴅ ᴡᴇʟʟ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ!

Sᴛᴀʏ ғʟᴜғғʏ, ᴇᴀᴛ ᴀɪʀ, ᴀɴᴅ I ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴍʏ Kᴏᴀʟᴀ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʙᴇᴀɴɪᴇ.

Lᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴅᴀʜʟɪɴɢ.

Tᴡᴀᴅᴅʟᴇs<3

All my works are copyrighted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. This includes all chapters, prologues/epilogues and associated content. Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law Copyright © 2012 AThousandYears