Chapter 18: The Bar

Start from the beginning

You weren't entirely sure of what you were doing, but with the liquid courage coursing through your veins you just decided to watch what the other women were doing and follow them. You felt like you were doing pretty good, as most drunks do. You swayed your hips in time with the music, trailing your hands up and down your body and into the air. You buried your hands in your hair and just let your inhibitions go. You found yourself completely forgetting that you'd never done this before, that you were mad at Toshi, that sober you would be mortified to be watching this. Instead you focused on having a good time.

The night divulged into a blur. Saffron grabbed your hips, dancing suggestively with you as you lost yourself in a fit of laughter. She was having just as good a time as you were. It was wonderful to be spending time with her. She really was the life of the party. You both seemed so worry free, as if nothing wrong could ever happen.

You drank more, danced a lot, and suddenly half of the night was over already before you even knew it. Camilla and Saffron had abandoned you momentarily in a fit of passion, and were currently having a drunken makeout session in the back corner of the club. You, however, were still having an amazing time as you danced amidst the sea of people.

Toshi had no idea what he was talking about, you decided, you were having the time of your life! Everything was great! Nothing could possibly go wrong! You decided to prove that by having one more drink before the night ended.

"Alright, but I'm cutting you off after this one, honey." The bartender explained, "I want you to be able to get home safe. Let me know when you and your friends are leaving and I'll call you a taxi."

Their kindness made you want to cry, but as you slammed back your last ice tea your forgot all out it, instead going absolutely wild on the dancefloor with all the other women. You danced with people you didn't know, hugged women who were your new best friends, and everyone was in love with the look you were sporting today. You felt absolutely incredible as you wobbled all around the dancefloor with everyone else.

"Care for a dance, beautiful?" The man from earlier slid up behind you, slipping his hands onto your hips.

"Sure!" You giggled, the alarm bells in your head completely muted by the stuff in your system. Something in the way he looked at you would usually catch you as odd, but you really weren't paying enough attention to notice it.

"Names Asahi, by the way, you never asked earlier." He smiled, spinning you around a bit too fast and pulling you against him. His hands remained on your hips and you slid your hands up around his the back of his neck, giving him a small smile.

"Sorry, I was too invested in hearing about your quirk," you said with a wink.

"Oh, I see. Well I seem to be pretty invested in how beautiful you are," He said. Sober you would have rolled your eyes at how corny it was, but as he leaned in closer to you and pressed his forehead against yours you couldn't help but giggle excitedly. It felt like the pinnacle of romance. "You're fucking precious." He complimented you, planting a small kiss on your nose. You felt your entire face heat up and turn red. No one had ever flirted with you like this before so you were utterly enthralled with it.

"You're pretty great yourself," You smiled, leaning back just enough to look into his eyes. You couldn't tell, but he was almost completely sober, and he could tell how absolutely shitfaced you were, but that didn't seem to stop him from leaning forward and planting a hungry kiss on your lips.

It took you by surprise, but you weren't really in a position to resist. You'd never kissed anyone before, and now you were practically making out with this stranger. His lips pressed forcefully against yours and he pulled your hips harder against him. His teeth nipped at your bottom lip and it felt like you couldn't even pull away. On one hand, you were excited to be having your first kiss with someone so handsome, but on the other hand you really didn't want it to be with some stranger at a club. And he wasn't particularly good at it anyways. He was all tongue and spit, it just felt wrong.