Chapter 18: The Bar

Start from the beginning

"Really? You work for All Might? That's incredible! What do you do?"

"Mostly paperwork and stuff. Secretarial things. Nothing too important." Still not entirely the truth, but close enough that you didn't feel bad about lying.

"Still, that's incredible. I'm actually a hero myself. I work at a small agency here in town."

"Oh wow, that's great! Is it alright to ask what your quirk is?" You felt the heat from the alcohol creep up from your stomach, reaching into your head and then spreading to the rest of your body. This shit worked fast, you were on the fast track to getting shitfaced.

"They call me Steam Train. I can use steam from my shoulders to propel myself forward incredibly fast."

"Steam Train, catchy!" You weren't going to admit you'd never heard of him before. He seemed too proud of himself, you didn't want to harsh his vibe.

"Yeah, I'm nowhere near as big as All Might but I hope to be some day!"

" I believe in you," You smiled, placing a hand on his arm. He smiled at the contact.

"Well, if you believe in me I know I can do it." He placed his hand on top of yours and leaned in to you. The dazzling smile he gave you made your heart flip, but you pulled away casually and finished your drink. As you did this, you saw Saffron's head bob into sight, dragging Camilla behind her. She shoved her way through the crowd and joined you at the bar.

"(Y/N)! I thought you'd left! Where were you?" She asked, eying the man next to you.

"I couldn't find you, so I came to sit at the bar. This man bought me a drink."

"Oooh..." She continued assessing him. He gave her a smile, but she didn't seem impressed. Just as she looked like she was going to say something sassy, Camilla cut her off.

"Thanks for keeping an eye on (Y/N) for us. We'll take it from here. Girls night, and all. How bout a round of shots on me?"

He seemed disappointed that he was being dismissed, but Camillas offer seemed to appease him.

"Hell yeah! Thanks, dude!" He responded as Camilla flagged down the bartender. After your group finished their shots, Camilla wasted no time in dragging you away from your new friend and on to the dance floor. You waved over your shoulder to him as you were drug away, and he gave you a quick wink and another smile.

You didn't realize just how drunk you were until you were being pulled through the crowd of people to the center of the dancefloor. As the music pulsed through you, the lights caused your head to spin, making giggles bubble up and out of your mouth. It was a surreal experience, people bumping into you as your night began in full swing. Saffron turned to you once you were in the dead center of the dance floor.

Without missing a beat, she pulled on your arms and started dancing, laughing as she saw your confused expression. "Now's the part where you dance!" She instructed. Camilla slid up behind her, placing her hands on her hips and giving her a gentle kiss on the neck. Their movements synced and suddenly they were dancing together, the world around them unimportant.

"I don't know how to dance!" You shouted over the loud music.

"What? It's fine. Neither do I! Just sway your hips and stuff! Have a good time!"

Saffron and Camilla began swaying together to the beat, Saffrons arms reaching down to hold onto Camillas hands. You were completely forgotten.

When presented with such an awkward situation (dancing in front of a bunch of people), sober you would have chickened out and gone back to the bar to wait for Saffron and Camilla to be ready to leave. Vaguely drunk you, however, had a completely different idea. You were at the club, everybody was dancing, why didn't you just join them?