Asuka finally looked up from her lap. She glared into the eyes of Junk Master, the conviction in them very similar to the kind that he saw in Ayano. "What I'm saying is...I give you my permission. So you better damn well take care of her!!"

Junk Master's eyes were wide. With the way that she started, he had completely thought that this conversation would be going in a different direction.

"You agree with me, right honey?!" The crying woman asked, or rather demanded, of her husband. He simply nodded at her, pulling her in for a comforting hug.

"Thank you, Asuka-san. Kaito-san. I will be sure to relay your message to the school...and I promise you that I will do the most that I can to protect your daughter." Junk Master stood up and bowed to convey his sincerity.

He finished his untouched tea in one large gulp and Ayano showed him out. The car was waiting for him just in front of the house. As they reached it, Junk Master turned to face his student. "You didn't say anything back there, kiddo. Any reason why?" He didn't hide the worry in his voice. She had passed every physical and psychological test, but he couldn't shake the feeling that something could still be wrong.

Ayano's face was perfectly impassive. "I have worried my parents far enough. Whatever decision they settled on would be the one that I follow."

She looked down. "Although...it may not even matter in the end." She mumbled, but Junk Master clearly heard it. He was about to question her when she said, "Please have a safe trip."

With that, she bowed and began walking back into her house. He really wanted to ask her what she meant but with her clearly ending the conversation, he ultimately didn't.

He should have.

.

.

.

It was the evening, and most of the Class 1-A students were hanging around in the lounge when they heard the slamming of a car door. They all rushed to the window, confirming their suspicions that it was Ayano finally arriving at the dorms.

They ran out, Midoriya being the first to reach her with unshed tears welling up in his eyes. "Aya-chan! I'm so glad you're okay!!!" He was about to hug her when he noticed the white bandages peeking out from her shirt collar and sleeves. His smile immediately disappeared. "Are you still injured?"

The girl shook her head, taking out her luggage from the trunk of the car. "I have almost completely recovered. The bandages are mostly just a precautionary measure. Mainly to restrict my movement to prevent me from doing something foolish."

Hagakure bounced up to the girl. "Aya-chan, you sure don't have much stuff!" She commented, noticing that all the girl took out of the car was a regular duffle bag. The bag also didn't even seem that stuffed.

"I was never one for material possessions." Ayano plainly responded, causing Mina to laugh. "You're a minimalist just like Shouji-kun then!" The pink girl exclaimed.

That much was true, but Bakugou felt something off. Even for Ayano, that duffle bag didn't seem nearly enough. She surely would have brought tons of her inventions and tools. His brows furrowed, thinking deeply on it.

"Anyways! You're on the same floor as me and Ochako-chan, and next door to me!" Mina excitedly revealed. Ayano just nodded in acknowledgement, unintentionally putting a damper on Mina's enthusiasm.

The expressionless girl walked inside, ready to unpack what little she had. "U-Umm...! Aya-chan!" Midoriya's shout stopped her. "You're okay...right?" He timidly asked.

"Yes." She responded and continued walking. Although, there was one problem.

When she answered, Ayano had looked forward and not at him.