Chapter One

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Chapter One:" WELCOME TOWHITE RIVER " ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Chapter One:
" WELCOME TO
WHITE RIVER "

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

THE SUN WAS just beginning to rise when Spencer Lyons awoken from his dream world. His dark blue comforter was thrown off the bed carelessly, and he jumped off the firm mattress in his plaid pajama pants and Led Zepplin t shirt. His cell phone was ringing off the hook, a photo of a beautiful brunette flashing across his screen. He snatched the buzzing device from his desk and quickly accepted the call, punching the speaker button. "Dude, it's five AM!" he snapped. His honey colored hair stuck outward in places, his blue eyes rimmed with dark circles. He scrubbed at his face. "Good morning to you, too," she replied with a chuckle. Spencer bit back a remark as he plopped into his desk chair. "Please tell me you saw the U-Haul right across the street from you."

Spencer leapt from his chair in confusion. He darted across his room to his window, wrenching it open to climb out. "Hello!?" He ignored the caller as he pulled himself up onto the roof of his house. Across the street was, indeed, a U-Haul. A tall woman with pitch black hair braided into a bun stood on the grass in a long dress, her thin arms crossed tight over her chest. Standing on the porch were two identical individuals with warm blonde hair, both holding weird detailed wind chimes. They were echoing within the distance. Spencer kept his head low, his fingers twitching against the wood. "Spencer? You there?" The voice startled the sunshine boy, his head jerking to look behind him. He dared to take one more look at the house, spotting the workers holding a black sofa.

He sighed to himself and climbed back down from the roof. He could hear numbers being pressed through his speakers. "What are you doing?" he asked as he lurched himself back into his window. "Dialing nine-one-one. I thought you were dead," she joked. Spencer's eyes rolled heavenward as he plopped back down into his desk chair. "Did you go look?" He hummed in response. "Well, see anything?" He let his head rest against the back of his chair, his eyes focused on the Star Trek poster hanging above him. "Its twins. And a woman that literally looks nothing like 'em," he replied nonchalantly. The girl on the other side of the line huffed dramatically. "What?" He lifted his head curiously. She hummed for a moment before forming her next question, "Does your mom know them?"

Spencer peered over at the photograph resting on the shelf over his desk. The photograph consisted of the bright eyed boy and a younger girl with strawberry blonde hair, her smile wide. Behind them was the scenery of a pair of mountains and beautiful trees. A man with blonde hair that looked too much like the young man stood between the mountains, holding up a walking stick that they had found on their hike. "I don't know," he said, tearing his eyes from the memory. "Is she ...still not talking?" He glanced at the phone, contemplating whether or not he should hang up. We promised that day that we would never shut each other out. We're all we got. The words flooded his mind. He tossed his head back. "No." His answers were short. She was understanding.