Chapter 2: Quirk Assessment

Flashback
Saiga Yano: 6 years old

It was the end of our first week of elementary school and I was just walking with Fumi-chan as we were put in separate classes as Hideo and Mana-chan. We were on our way to see them after class ended.

Fumi-chan and I got immediately labeled as the 'cool kids' due to our strong Quirks and friendly personalities and was popular with the other kids.

We walked towards the entrance of the school, where we agreed to meet. Our eyes immediately flashed in anger as we saw four older kids pushing Mana and Hideo to the ground and beating them up.

My eyes turned into that of a tiger's and my teeth formed into fangs. In the corner of my eyes, I saw the usually calm Fumi-chan ready to fight as Dark Shadow came out.

That's when we met him.

As we both were about to beat up the bullies so hard that they'll have amnesia, a hand suddenly appeared on each of our shoulders.

We turned to face the guy who was stopping us from helping our friends. It was a tall male with wild light green hair tied in a ponytail that went over his right shoulder. He had a confident smile and it gave us both reassurance.

Maybe that's what got us lured into his trap.

"Don't worry." He said to us confidently. "I'll take care of it, so there's no need for you to get in trouble."

He walked over to the bullies and stopped. "What do you think you're doing?" He asked them, smile gone and replaced with a dangerous look with narrowed eyes.

The bullies turned towards the man with slight fear as he was older and taller than them. "W-why do you care?! It's none of your damn business! We were just teaching these losers their place!" One of them yelled at him.

I let out a feral growl at that as I felt my hair turning slightly orange.

The mystery man stood his ground. "I care because I'm a teacher here and this is obviously against school rules. There's nothing I hate more than brats who gang up on obviously younger kids and outnumbering them. They are cowards and weaklings."

"Keep this up and I'll be calling your parents with 6 months worth of detention. Got it?!" He ended the last part with a glare that obviously made the bullies wet themselves.

"Got it! We're sorry!" And they ran away like the cowards they were.

He walked over to our friends and helped them up as his glare was replaced with a kind expression. "There you go!"

Hideo and Mana both smiled at him. "T-thank you, sensei!" They both thanked at the same time.

Fumi-chan and I slightly bowed to him. "Thank you for helping them!"

The teacher just laughed. "It was no big deal, and if I hadn't done it, then, you two," he pointed at me and Fumi-chan, "would probably be in jail for ripping their eyeballs out. Also, don't call me 'sensei' yet. I don't even teach at this school."

We all looked at him, surprised. "What?!"

The man just kept on smiling. "Yeah, I work in the middle school division. If those bullies kept on going, I would've just reported them to the school and they probably wouldn't have gotten the punishment I told them they would have."

Mana shook her head. "It doesn't matter. We'll keep calling you sensei because you deserve our respect! Right, guys?"

All three of us nodded at that statement as the man blushed slightly. "T-thank you, but I just did what any decent adult would've done."