41.| Welcome Back?

Start from the beginning

On weekends are my days off, so today I stayed home. Until Yorong called and asked if I could go out and go grocery shopping. 

I agreed and got ready. By the time was done getting ready, I made sure the stove was off, all the doors were locked. 

And as I was walking towards my car. Zhengting's car pulled up. I stopped and waited till they all came out so I could say 'hi' to them. In which I did until someone else came out of the car too.

My heart dropped when I saw his face. Everything else didn't seem to matter. Like I've tuned everyone out but him. 

"Um. Let's go inside guys. ChengCheng, let me take your stuff in." Xukun says. 

Once we heard the door close, ChengCheng began to walk towards me. While I stood there frozen.

"Hi, Yuejia."

I pursed my lips together. I didn't know what to think nor what to say. 

"Um. How are you?"

"I'm fine... did you um. Just come back today?" I stuttered slightly. He then rubbed his nape a bit along with answering 'yes'. I then quickly realized that I needed to go grocery shopping for tonight. 

"Um. I need to go grocery shopping. I-I'll s-see you later tonight!" 

"W-Wait!"

"Bye!!" I then ran into my car quickly. I couldn't handle it. I couldn't handle seeing him again. And at such a time with no warning.

When I came back, the girls helped bring everything inside while I ran into my room which I share with Jiang and screamed into my pillow.

When the 3 of them came back in, they all looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Ahhhhh!!! Why does this happen to me?!!"

"Are you on your period again? Because if you are. Get over it. It's been happening for the past 7 years of your life already." LouLou said with her usually sassy, mother-like attitude. 

I threw the pillow to the side and glared at her. "No! Fan ChengCheng is back!"

"WHAT?!" The 3 of them said in unison. 

"Yeah. That's what I fucking thought." I commented, walking past them, out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. 

"When did he come back?" Jiang asked along with LouLou and Yorong following me like 3 puppies.

"He came back today... and we talked and it was weird! I don't know! Okay!" 

"Oohkay... So um. Why don't we make food for us and some for the boys too? You know. To welcome ChengCheng back." LouLous suggested. I didn't comment.

The whole time we were cooking. My mind kept running off somewhere. I was nervous to see him again. To even talk to him. 

"Hey. Hey. Earth to Zhen Yuejia!!" Jiang waved her hand in front of me. I blinked a few times and sighed. 

"Sorry..."

"Why is this happening to you? You never take things seriously. Why this?"

"I don't know. Let's just bring the food over there so I can get it over with." I said getting up from the couch. The 4 of us walked over and rang the doorbell.

Justin opened it and let us in. Where we were welcomed by a strong aroma of so many different smells.  

"God... do you guys even clean this place?" Jiang asked as she pinched her nose.

"Or open a window?" I added. 

Justin and Yanjun quickly opened some windows but still... the smell was still very much there. 

"We brought some food over for dinner." Yorong cheerfully said. Then at that moment. ChengCheng came out from the washroom with wet hair, wearing a white t-shirt and basketball shorts. 

"ChengCheng! Welcome back from America." LouLou, Jiang and Yorong said with a smile. While I kept quiet, which made everyone then looked at me. Which made me speak up to clarify things. "Uhm. I welcomed him this afternoon already."

"You girls should stay for dinner too." Zhangjing offered. 

"We already ate at home. But we would love to stay and hang out." Yorong said.

"Even better." 

While the boys were sitting. The rest of us were sitting and just talking. Catching up with ChengCheng.

"How long are you staying in China, ChengCheng?" LouLou asked. 

"I'm staying for 3 days."

"Oh? So little. You haven't been to China in 5 years. You should've stayed longer." Jiang added. 

"I'm only staying because my company has a meeting with some people."

"AH! Yuejia! How's your job going?" Ziyi asked, trying to make me talk, since all this time I've been quiet.

"It's going fine. Thank you for asking." 

Then there was silence again... I felt bad for making their atmosphere like this. But I really didn't know what to say.

"Excuse me. I'm gonna go to the washroom." I got up and headed into the washroom.

I can't do this anymore... I need to tell them.

__________

Third Person POV

When Yuejia headed into the washroom, Justin looked over to Jiang and asked, "Hey, hey! Jiang-jie. What's wrong with Yuejia-jie? She's usually the loud one. Why is she so quiet today?" Jiang shrugged her shoulders.

"I think it's because of me," ChengCheng spoke up. 

"No. Don't say that. She actually misses you. I'm sure she's just shocked and nervous."

Then suddenly someone's phone rang. Everyone checked their pockets. None of it was theirs. Until LouLou opened Yuejia's purse. 

It was her phone.

"It's Yuejia's phone."

"Yuejia!! Someone's calling you!" LouLou yelled.

"Can you answer and tell them to call back!!" She yelled back.

LouLou was slightly hesitant since she saw the caller ID. 

"Do it LouLou." Xiao Gui said. 

LouLou nodded and pressed answer and put it on speaker.

-PHONE CALL-

"Wei?"

"Hey, sweetheart."

Everyone's heart dropped. Especially ChengCheng's.

"This is Zhuo LouLou. Who are you?"

-PHONE CALL ENDED-

The phone then went silent followed by 3 beeps. 

Yuejia then came out of the washroom. "Who was it?"

Everyone turned their heads to her with confused looks on their faces. 

"What?" Yuejia asked. 

"Who calls you 'sweetheart'?"

-

-

-

-

-

Hello Jennings!!!

OOOOH!!! THINGS ARE GETTING SERIOUS!!

I just finished my Zhu Zhengting book today!! So if you haven't read it! Go do it! 

I will be updating 2 books only now until I decide to write another!! Which means I will be updating more and more frequently!

Thank you for reading!!

VOTE/COMMENT!!

-Jae<3