Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Painter

There were different types of paintings. It could be a simple craft from imagination, a piece from the past, a foreseen event from the future, an inspired idea from a great experience or it could be the painter's emotion as he or she stroke the every moment of his or her brush.

Now that I was given a chance to enter inside another painting, how could I possibly identify the type of this painting was?

Or should I better ask myself with another question? How could I possibly breathe well and stood without stumbling myself on the ground with the kind of thick atmosphere reigning at the moment...

The wind continued to whistle, the rustling of the leaves overwhelmed us, the birds chirping, wings flying, the calm sunlight striking the small spaces of the greenest tree, the nature danced with mixtures of shadows and rays.

A whirlwind of emotions...

A silence with naught but longing...

A scenery that speaks... wind that sings, clouds as the witnesses...

Two Kings standing in a realm of glistening meadows...

As a single tear trailed... thousand of emotions kept for years...

Nature almost kneeled... an endless honor to grace the most unfathomable rulers... stood highly not with crowns but their mere existence.

King Thaddeus Leighton Gazellian, a name from the whispers of thousand mouths and King Dastan Lancelot Gazellian, a name uttered with respect and greatness.

Two Kings... one painting... a masterpiece of art... a history in the world of fangs and blood.

A painting entitled... Two Kings...

No...

A painting entitled... Father and Son...

I suddenly felt unfitted and I made my two steps backward. This wasn't my place anymore, because the mere existence of two righteous kings were beyond overwhelming for a woman with a tarnished blood.

King Dastan didn't utter another word, remained stiff with his place as he continued to gaze at his father's back. While King Thaddeus with both of his hands on his back, composed himself like a virtuous King.

I tried to open my mouth, but all I did was to close it again. Another silence reigned all over us...

I took a deep breath as my eyes struggled from King Dastan to King Thaddeus' back.

"Y-Your highness..." King Dastan stuttered for the first time.

This time I saw movements from King Thaddeus, until he slowly turned to face us. I could now understand the slow time lapses between the outside world and the paintings.

Mas bumagal pa ang oras, nabigyan ng pagkakataon ang aking mga matang habulin ang mga nalalagas na dahong sumasayaw sa hangin, hindi napigilan ng aking mga pagkurap ang bilang nang pagpagaspas ng pakpak ng mga ibong lumilipad at maging ang yumayakap na anino at sinag ng araw sa tindig ng hari ay nasusundan ng aking mga titig.

At nang sandaling tuluyan na itong humarap sa amin... ang puso kong inakala kong tanging sa lalaking aking pinakamamahal lamang magwawala at hindi matuturuan, binigyan ako ng hari nang panibagong bersyon ng puso kumakawala sa kakaibang emosyong hindi ko mapangalanan.

Greater than Evan's presence...

Greater than King Dastan's existence...

The King of the Kings...