25 • OFF WEEK PT2

Începe de la început

"Kidding kidding, of course I watched. Mom and dad did too."

"Oh great-"

Parker's voice quickly cut him off on the other end, "Don't worry they're like amazed by you, it's funny."

"Guess that's a relief to hear. Don't need them thinking I like, suck at hockey."

"Um it would be impossible for you to suck at hockey."

"I mean I've had my moments-"

"Yeah and so have I!! You're like a god so chill."

"Now I wouldn't say that-"

"Then what would you say?" her tone was teasing, she was definitely smirking. He already knew her perfectly well.

"Well.."

"There ya go!"

Patrick leaned back against the headboard of the hotel bed, focusing his eyes onto the TV. He had the cheekiest smile plastered onto his face, she made him so feel unbelievably happy inside that it was crazy.

"How was it all though? Y'all looked to be having fun, except the fact you lost-"

"Listen I had a good time.. and it was nice seeing everyone again in a friendlier environment."

"That sounds convincing." She laughed.

"I guess I'm just looking to the rest of the season now honestly. Well and I'm pretty tired.."

"Have you been sleeping?"

"Of course," Patrick chuckled hearing the nervous tones taking over Parker's voice, "All Star Games are fun, it's just a lot and part of me just wanted to rest."

"Oh that makes sense. And it is pretty late right now.."

"Yeah shouldn't you be sleeping, kid?"

"Says the old dude."

Patrick couldn't help but laugh aloud at their usual banter about age, "pretty weird not having to deal with your annoying shit every second of the day."

"Aww did someone just admit they miss me?"

"It's been like what? Four days?" Patrick wasn't the clingy type (not at all), but there was something weird about being separated from her when he really thought about it. He was so used to seeing her everyday; and it wasn't like with Jonny, he wasn't in love with him. Patrick had never felt this way about someone before, and the tightness that wouldn't leave his chest just proved that.

"Mm just saying."

"Alright alright. Well what have you been doing, like specifically?"

"Mainly chilling, going out to dinner- or bars."

"That doesn't surprise me." Patrick gulped, "be real with me, how shitfaced have you gotten?"

"Mmmm do you really wanna know?"

"Uh do I?" he rolled his eyes, and he figured she'd know he was doing so. They'd had plenty of conversations, her telling him all the shit she'd done- even smoking. Hearing her college days almost made him feel better about his younger years because boy, did those Michigan kids go hard.