37.) new beginnings

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine," Funneh deadpanned, furrowing her eyebrows and crossing her arms, "I just had to do something."

"Do what?" I inquired, glancing over to her parents, "they said you had to talk to Alec about something."

"Um, mom, dad, could you give us a moment?" I turned to my parents and asked. They nodded and moved away.

• F U N N E H •

"Great. No parental supervision. Now hurry before one of us accidentally sets something on fire," Lunar chuckled.

   "So what did you have to talk to Alec about?" Draco questioned as Lunar raised an eyebrow at me, like she was implying that she herself knew.

    "Eh, nothing really. I just didn't want to mention anything at all around my parents involving crushes or anything like that though. Not yet," I shrugged, hiding my anger.

   Lunar raised an eyebrow at me, like she knew I was lying. I widened my eyes at her and gestured a glance that told her not to say anything. I knew she knew; it was some sort of magic thing like always.

    "Well, if that's the case, then someone do something about this depressing atmosphere! It's been around and I don't like it," Rainbow insisted.

    "I mean, I've got my guitar still," Evan piped up, pulling his guitar strap over his shoulders, "got any suggestions?"

    "I think I know what song," Gold smiled, "but I want everyone to hear it. Gather them all up around the large campfire please."

    We did as she said and herded people, not strangers, for I recognized them as old townsfolk, as "neighbors" of ours. They certainly knew me. Some for some good and some for some bad. You'd think grudges wouldn't extend from the fact that I was still a little kid when I acted out to now when I was a teenager. But I guess old habits died hard.

    Sitting along the logs to serve as our chairs, people sat in a circle around the rather large campfire. Most faces I recognized, a few more vaguely than others. But there was one face that stuck out. Maybe because I recognized it more than any of the others, or maybe for quite the opposite reason; maybe I didn't know them at all.

Most people would look away when they locked eye contact with someone they had just argued with. But not me. Maybe I would have considered it awkward, but I was only awkward when I was comfortable. And if anything, I was more upset. I didn't look away. And I wasn't planning on it.

I kept staring at him, eyebrows furrowed slightly and my lips turning downwards into a frown. He mouthed the words, "Listen to me, please," but I ignored them. I just kept staring him down until eventually, he lowered his head towards the ground. That was when I looked away. Strangers always knew it was impolite to stare.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I glanced over to my left, where Lunar was sitting beside me. She pulled me closer by my arm and whispered, "You have two weeks to tell one of the other Krew members. Wait any longer and you're going to regret it, Funneh."

"Why would I regret it? And why tell any of them? Don't you count? You would already know what happened," I frowned.

"It's true, I knew what he was doing the entire time. Except I didn't judge him based off of those actions even before I met him and deemed him a decent guy. You've known him longer than I have and yet you're the one sitting here, ignoring him. What's wrong with that picture?" Lunar argued.