Chapter 9- Justify

En başından başla

Big yes, but it did her little good if she couldn't change into more than three in a short time period without getting sick... He doesn't need to know about that part.

"I suppose." She mumbled lowly, he nodded brightly.

"Ooh, I've got another question, it's been bugging me a little ~" he switched gears again, "So Stain's Quirk paralyzes people when he manages to get some of their blood, yeah? He totally got you right off the bat, but you broke free of it super fast and didn't get caught up again, huh~? What's with that~?" She paused, it was a valid question and a lot of people had been wondering about it, the police especially.

Her eyes dropped closed as she let out a small sigh, "... different species of animals have different blood types than humans do. When I changed into a different animal, it would have a different blood type than the blood that Stain consumed previously... In essence, it would be like I was an entirely different being." She explained lowly, "The nearest I could figure, that's why I got out of the Paralysis to begin with. And I made sure to Shift into a different animal every time he cut me, and kept from changing back into something he'd already consumed the blood for."

His eyes gleamed as his expression flooded in wonder and surprise, but she missed it since her eyes were closed. "So you're sayin' your Quirk changes everything about you~? Like your whole biological makeup~?" He asked in an instant, Spirit paused.

"... Right down to the DNA." She mumbled, "You couldn't determine if I was Animal Spirit or an actual cat if you just looked at physical and biological things. If I leave DNA behind when I'm Shifted, it's the DNA of an actual animal- a perfect copy... Besides coloring, and the fact I can talk." She elaborated softly, low enough so no one else heard anything. "... There's no genetic difference. When I Shift into a cat, I'm an actual cat... When I Shift into a dog, I'm an actual dog... You get the point."

"That's way cooler than I thought~!" He chirped brightly, Spirit glanced up again to see him looking like a kid in a candy store. "I just figured you were more like a modified human image of all the animals, but you're literally changing every single smidgen of your body into something else, and in rapid-time~!" He smirked, "Your DNA~! You alter your DNA and make it into the DNA of something else ~! That's super cool~!" He looked quite excited about the information- he was excited- and she would have snapped at him to quiet down in an instant, only... He wasn't actually being that loud. He seemed to have taken her silent cue of keeping her voice low and did the same without having to be told.

"Oh, I get why your Uniform is taking so long to repair~" he mused, his cheek leaning in his hand as he chuckled. "It's gotta be made up special and everything so when you use your Quirk you don't worry about losing your clothes between forms, huh~?" He asked,

"... Yeah, that's the gist." She replied. That and-

"A good plan, though I don't think anyone would complain if they got to see ya naked just once~" he smirked, Spirit stiffened as her face flushed.

"Shut your trap, you bloody fucking perv!" She snapped hotly, he waved a hand nonchalantly at the now seething No. 26, still smiling.

"Hehe, you don't need to be so embarrassed Spirit, I already told ya that you're pretty-" he hummed,

"Hawks, I'm gonna claw your eyes out if you do not shut up, right fucking now." She cut him off, red eyes flashing as she leaned forward, her fingers digging into the table and fighting the urge to Partial Shift and give herself some actual claws. He seemed all the more amused by her anger though, but he stopped anyway.

"Alright~! I'll quit for now~!" He chuckled lightly, Spirit growled and shot him one last glare before pointedly looking away from him again- and waiting for the heat in her face to die down.