Chapter 4: Generous, Nevertheless

Start from the beginning

Sang Wan simply hesitated and, cowardly looked at Shi Fengju. Being newly wedded into the Shi family and having little knowledge of the Shi family's internal affairs should be enough reason for her to ask her husband for help.

Seeing his wife in distress, Shi Fengju could not stand by and watch. Sighing softly, he said to Mi Shi, "Aunt Mi, rest assured that cousin is fine. I'll definitely bring him back safely!" Those words might seem disjointed, however, they were effective in appeasing Mi Shi's heart.

"I hope you won't go back on your words! Fengju, ah, Aunt Mi will be counting on you!" Not even looking at Gu Fangzi, Mi Shi gazed directly at Shi Fengju as tears flowed down her cheeks. Sure enough, everyone present in the courtyard had their eyes on Shi Fengju.

From Second Uncle Shi's perspective, all he saw was Mi Shi fussing over something very trivial and extending the duration of the ceremony. Already half-full of anger from having to attend the ceremony, hearing his useless son being mentioned filled his anger to full.

Second Uncle Shi gave a soft grunt and said, "What's the point in finding him? Don't you dare find him! I'd like to see how long he'll be able to stay away from home. If he has the ability to stay outside for his entire life, I'll take my hat off! I've got a disloyal and unfilial son! I've raised that son in vain!"

"How could you say that?" Mi Shi trembled with anger, and scolded, "He is also my son! What gives you the right to stop me from looking for him? Yes, of course you're not worried; you have another son, of course you're not worried! I know how much you resent the both of us, mother and son, you sociopath!"

"Forget it, forget it. What nonsense are you spouting? What's more, in front of so many people! You and I have nothing more to discuss and that's final!" Second Uncle Shi quickly got up and mouthed 'disgraceful,' before biding Wang Shi farewell. With that, he left.

Angry, Mi Shi gave a few loud shrieks as she tried to prove who was right in the heated argument a moment ago. Growing ashamed when she looked around, Mi Shi angrily stomped off towards where Second Uncle Shi had headed, leaving the people in the courtyard speechless.

"Well, that is it for today. The rest of you may leave. My son, please escort your wife back to her chamber. And Sang Wan, my daughter-in-law, yesterday must have been a tiring day for you. Do go back and have a good rest. When dinner is ready, I'll have a maidservant call for the both of you." Wang Shi massaged her tired shoulders as she spoke to the both of them.

"Yes, mother!" Sang Wan curtsied as she replied, before gazing at Shi Fengju eagerly. In her past life, there was no argument between the two elders. Because of the incident that had happened during the ceremony, both her mother-in-law and her husband were displease with her. Worse still, right after the ceremony, Shi Fengju had excused himself and left, leaving Sang Wan to walk back to her chamber by herself while the maidservants eyed her strangely.

Upon reaching

Ning Garden

, she hid in a secluded area outside her chamber before letting her tears course down her cheeks. However, in this life, everything would be different. She would never allow herself to be in the spot she was in the past, let alone experience it all over again.

That chaotic life; once was enough!

Shi Fengju subconsciously gazed at Gu Fangzi before quickly retracting his gaze. Nodding, he accompanied Sang Wan as she left.

Upon leaving the courtyard, Shi Fengju slowed down his pace, "I..."

"Sir..." Without giving him a chance to finish, Sang Wan gently called at him, and her gaze was so weak and pitiful. The meaning behind her unfinished sentence was definitely something that could be easily understood. She wanted him to accompany her back to her chamber.