Dr. Facilliers Hat Part 1

Sofia was just going to bed after a long day in the Princess Adventure Club. Amber and Zooey suggested going to the depths of Merroway Cove where Sofia had to show them her mermaid transformation. The other two used scubba masks to explore the depths. Sofia introduced Zooey to her mermaid friends.

She was about to close her eyes when her Enchanlet sounded off. Moaning, Sofia answered. "Hello?" She asked groggily.

"Sofia, are you up for an adventure?" Chrysta asked

"Arent I ever?" Sofia yawned. "Hold on, ok?" The young girl sprang up, and slipped into her protector attire.

She opened the window to the outside world, "what are we retrieving this tine?"

"Dr. Facilliers hat. We must venture to Princess Tianas kingdom." Chrysta replied

"You know I never start things i dont finish." Sofia smiled. "Where should I meet you?"

"Isle of Protectors."

Sofia nodded and quickly scribbled a note. She then went next door to speak with Amber.

"Sofia? What is going on?"

"Protector business. I hate to ask, but can you cover for me?"

"Why not use Cedrics duplicating spell?" Amber asked

Sofia shuddered, "last time that happened, I conjured an evil twin. Besides Cedric gets really cranky when hes woken up. Please?!"

Amber sighed, "fine, but lets make a Sister Vow. You know, like last time?"

"Ok, but I need to hurry." Sofia whispered.

"Will you return home if I call you?" Amber asked as their amulets became entwined

"I promise. No matter what, Ill return." Sofia said firmly.

Amber nodded and got back into bed. "Good luck Sofia, and good night."

Sofia opened Ambers door and quickly summoned Sky. When the unicorn appeared, Sofia put a finger to her lips. She didnt want to disturb her sisters sleep.

"Off to the Isle of Protectors." She whispered

The unicorn nodded at once.

*

"There you are. Theres one challenge here about retrieving the hat." Chrysta hesitated.

"What is it?" Sofia asked

"Its in a maze of obstacles right through there. The spirit of the Shadow Man still lingers. Im not allowed to go in because Im no human, and only humans can enter. Keep in mind once you enter, you have a limited amount of time before you join tbe Shadow Man himself. So be swift Sofia!"  Chrysta laughed nervously as the two flew off.

When the two got to their destination, they saw a large archway with an hourglass.

"Im guessing I need to leave behind my Enchantlet?" Sofia pointed to a sign that showed a line through wands.

"I dont think your Enchanlet will count. Try to pass through." Chrysta shrugged

Sofia walked through the doorway with ease. "Im assuming it allows the Enchanlet. I will see you soon Chrysta." The princess smiled and glaced at the timer in the archway.

"I will be waiting right here." Chrysta answered

*