1: Change of Mind

Marinette's POV

Ring Ring
My phone woke me up from my 2nd nap that day. I had stayed
up late designing again, even with Alya on my head about it.

Ring Ring
"Yeah, yeah I'm coming," I said while reaching for my phone. The caller ID said 'Alya' so I answered it rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. "Hello?" I questioned into my phone.

"Did you forget already sleepy head?" I heard Alya's voice say.

"No, I didn't forget. Forget what?" I asked hoping she fell for my lie.

"Ha ha very funny, now get your butt out of bed and let me in so I can help you get ready. I've been knocking on the the door for twenty minutes already," and with that she hung up.

I dragged myself out of bed and went to take a shower. Afterwards  I got dressed, brushed my teeth, and did my hair. Finally making my way downstairs I opened my door to see Alya looking at her watch and letting out a loud sigh. "Finally I've been out here for an hour. What did you do, your whole morning routine?" Alya asked sarcastically, while letting out another exasperated sigh.

"Pft, no," I lied, looking away from her.

"Whatever, now come on we have to meet Nino at the new ice cream parlor and I heard there's a hot guy working there, you never know he might just be the one," Alya said, a smirk making it's way onto her face as she walked towards her orange Jeep.

As we drove the short distance to the ice cream parlor we listened to the song 10001110101 by Clutch. (great song)

By the time we got to the ice cream parlor the song was over an we were laughing for some unknown reason.

"Weren't we supposed to be meeting Nino here?" I asked Alya looking around.

"Oh we are, he's just inside talking with his friend," Alya told me while smirking.

"Oh no you don't, I already told you that I'm not in the mood for dating after what Nathaniel did to me," I spoke, shaking me head back and forth.

"Oh come on it's been months since that happened and besides I told you he wasn't the one," Alya pointed out as we walked into the small building.

"Ughhh, I know, I guess I'm just scared it might happen again," I confessed quietly.

"And that's fine girl but don't let that little fear hold you back from something that might be the best thing of your life," Alya proclaimed  in the voice she uses when she tried to sound wise. This caused a small laugh from my forming smile.

Maybe I should listen to Alya after all it worked for her.