Chapter #2

A/N - Why are you still here? 😂

   Amber and I always wonder what happened and talk about it a lot. We walk to and from school together and have to walk past it. We always stop and see if the doors are unlocked or look at the mail. The house was starting to fall apart. Police cars are outside sometimes and someone came and mows the lawn every once and awhile. People send them flowers and they get letters from a guy named George. I asked my mom about it and she said she used to talk to them and George was their son. George stopped sending letters, when he came to visit and found out they left. Amber and I were coming home from school when he came. George had brown hair and hazel eyes like the daughter of the couple that used to live in the house. I guess they were brother and sister. He looked a lot older than her though. I guess he moved out a while ago because this was the first time I met him. He asked us if they left and we talked for awhile.
   George had that same worried face that his sister always had. After we talked for a while, he walked up and looked at the mail they had. Then he looked at all the stickers on the door. One was warning not to trespass and the other one was about a reward for $10,000, that Amber and I guessed was if you found someone inside. "D-do you know w-w-when they left?" He stuttered when he was done looking at the stickers on the door. "Yeah... about... 5 years ago-" I said but Amber cut me off. "It was in the fall time, in like... the month after October." I rolled my eyes, looking down and smiling, trying not to laugh at her. Amber has never been good with months.
   A little boy hopped out the truck that George came in and parked in the driveway. The little boy looked a little bit like George and seemed to be his son.  He had his eyes, his hair was a little lighter with highlights and looked to be 4 years old. He seemed to be a very happy and bubbly kid. "So Grandma and Grandpa aren't here?" the little boy said happily looking up at George. George walked over to him and picked him up, putting him on his hip. "No bud..." he replied sadly. "Was it because of-" George cut off the little boy, very quickly "I don't know!... I don't know..." He seemed more nervous now. He looked up at us with the same look his sister had before she left. "W-we should g-g-go... don't you guys have to get home anyways?" He asked stuttering at first but then trying to play it off cool. "Yeah..." Amber and I said at the same time. George quickly got back into the car with the little boy mumbling something to himself.