A Feud Between Families

Harry had never been so angry in his entire life. He strode around the garden of the Burrow trying to bring some calmness to his mind. It wasn't working. He was so angry he kicked an unfortunate gnome, who stupidly crossed his path, right in the face. It was knocked cold. Harry couldn't even feel remorse. He yelled out in frustration and cursed the gnome for being in the wrong place at the worst time.

Hermione came out into the garden at the sound of his scream. She looked steely and determined. Harry was amazed that she was such a willing participant in what he was doing. But she had a streak of ice that went right through her, it would seem. Especially if there was a threat to him, or them. Her protective instinct was positively feral.

In truth, had he not been so livid, Harry would have found it hot as hell.

"You okay?" she asked.

"No, I'm royally pissed off!" Harry replied forcefully. Hermione stared down his rage admirably. The sight calmed him. "Sorry...I don't mean to vent on you."

"Vent away," said Hermione simply, sitting on a upturned wheelbarrow that Harry had kicked over in his fury. "Team Potter and all that."

"Taking my name already, eh?" said Harry, he didn't want to laugh, but he did regardless.

"I'm going to eventually," said Hermione. "I'm already working on a new signature. Hermione Potter isn't as easy to write prettily as Granger. But I'll get there."

"I truly love you, do you know that?"

"I was thinking we should get married in the garden here," said Hermione, laughing when Harry looked at her like she'd sprouted a second head. "Just imagine it - we'll tie up all the bloody Weasleys we don't like and make them watch. I'll Imperius Curse Ginny to be ring-bearer, and then maybe we'll go old school and sacrifice Ron as part of the bonding ceremony."

"You light up my day, you really do," said Harry. "Speaking of tying up, are you done in there?"

Hermione nodded. "Yep. Arthur and Molly are covered in so much rope they look like mummies from Scooby-Doo."

This Harry had to see.

Hermione hadn't been lying. The Weasley parents were bound so completely only their mouths and eyes were free from the binds. It took Harry a few moments to contain his laughter before he could get back to the serious business of interrogation.

"Petrificus Totalus?" Harry asked, quirking an eye at Hermione as she joined him in surveying the scene.

"Immobulus," Hermione corrected. "Easier to get them into a sitting position."

"Right piece of thinking man's crumpet, aren't you?"

"And unthinking, if you are anything to go by," Hermione teased playfully. Harry made a face at her, then addressed the Weasleys as coldly as he could.

"Hello Arthur, Molly...I want you to know that I genuinely resent you for making it come to this...for turning me, us, into the very people your daughter felt she had just cause to destroy. But, and let me be very clear on this, I need you to know one, very important fact - for the act of placing yourself as a barrier to the justice my fiancée is owed, I will become ten times worse than Ginny could ever have possibly imagined."

Harry's words were so dark and unyielding that even Hermione gave an involuntary flinch as they hung in the air.

"Harry...please, " Arthur whimpered. "This was all my doing, please let Molly go."

"I know full well it was," Harry scythed. "The Ministry is already on to you, Arthur. For your part in this you could face unlimited punishment. Conspiring with enemy elements within the Muggle Government, giving away magical secrets. Aside from unlawful collusion with a foreign government, how many violations of the International Statue of Secrecy did you actually break!! They'll sling you in Azkaban for this. And with no income to support your wife, I worry for her future. And don't look to me for help."