Chapter Four

The phone rang, waking me from my sleep. I ran downstairs and answered as quick as I could.

"Hello?" I answered out of breath.

"Hey, Diana, it's Jackson, do you by any chance want to hang out with me and a couple friends?" Yes! Jackson called, I'm really happy.

"I would love too!" I said clutching the phone tighter.

"Pick you up at 1:00?"

"Sure!"

I hung up and walked into the kitchen where my mom was washing dishes.

"Mom, Jackson's picking me up at 1:00 to go out."

"Go out?"

"As friends."

"Better be."

I went back upstairs to my room to get ready. I put on makeup and a dark purple, knitted sweater and a pair of leggings. I put my bangs in a Bobbi pin to keep it out of my face.

An hour later Jackson pulled up in front of the house.

"Diana!" My mom called. "He's here!"

I ran down the stairs, out on a pair of sneakers and rushed out the door. I could see Jackson in the drivers seat and another boy in the three passenger seats. The one in the front was empty so I decided to go there.

"Hey!" He said.

"Hi!" I smiled. He turned around to face the backseats of the car.

"This is Peter," He said pointing to a boy with blonde hair and glasses, he had dimples when he smiled and he was wearing a plaid shirt and jeans. "Steven," Now he pointed at a guy in a football jersey with brown, quiffed hair and green eyes, "And Clarke." The last boy also had brown hair and was wearing a black and white t-shirt and black jeans, he had a tattoo on his bicep of a Chinese symbol, I don't know what it meant. I waved and they waved back. "Boys, this is Diana." Peter held out his hand for me to shake. I just pretended I didn't see it and turned around again.

"So what are we doing?" I asked.

"There is a little get together at our friends house."

"Get together?" I repeated.

"Not a lot of people, okay?"

We both laughed.

"So, Diana, what school do you go to?" Peter asked.

what school do I go to? Oh god!

"I'm home schooled." I lied. I don't really know why my parents wouldn't home school me. That would be smart.

"Oh," He said.

Jackson turned up the radio a little, the only thing I am educated in is music, The Cab, The 1975, PTV, All Time Low, Blink 182. This song was 'The City' by The 1975. I started singing along to the few words I knew.

"You like them?" He asked in disbelief.

"Love them." I confirmed.

"Really? I'm surprised."

"Why would that be?"

"You don't look like that kind of girl."

"I don't do I?"

He shook his head and laughed.

After a few songs we were at the mystery persons house.

The four boys and I walked out of the car and knocked on the door. A girl with black hair and piercing green eyes opened the door. She said her name but I wasn't listening, it sounded like Kaylie, but I wasn't too sure. Steven threw his arm around her and walked to the back door. Kaylie turned to me.

"Do you want anything?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"Okay, well then just let me know, okay?"

"Okay." I turned around to Jackson. "What's her name?" I whispered to him.

"Kylie Burns." He said.

I was close.

Everyone ended up gathering in the living room.

"So," Kylie started. "Diana, right? What kind are you?"

"What?" I said.

"Mutant. What kind of mutant are you?"

"Kylie!" Jackson said.

"Does she not know yet?" He said.

"I'm right hear." I said.

"Diana, we're all just like you." Jackson said holding both my hands. "I'll go first. I'm Jackson, for those of you who don't know, and I have healing powers, I'm immune to pretty much everything." That makes more sense.

Peter waved. "I'm Peter, and I turn invisible, if I'm invisible and I touch you, you turn invisible too."

The next was Steven, "I'm Steven, and I can read minds."

"I'm Clarke and I control elements."

Kylie could shape shift and there were a couple others too. I was last.

"I'm, um, Diana, and when I, uh, touch people they burn either to death or enough to be hospitalized." Everyone let out a little gasp and slightly backed away from me. Jackson just stared at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm not aloud to say it, you'll get mad."

"Tell me."

"You look beautiful."

"I shouldn't have asked."