3: know each other

Meera was standing outside a tall building, all she could relate it to was suits.

J was exactly on time, still giving Meera enough time to take a shower, changed her clothes and made herself a ham and cheese sandwich.

She thought of making one for J too but went against it.

Jai and Meera entered the elevator. It was funny how yesterday–two people who entered the elevator as strangers, were today entering as two people about to get married, in less than 24 hours so much had changed.

The elevator doors opened on the 13th floor, Meera cluelessly followed Jai.

Once there was a door with the nameplate- Rick Hoffman, Jai stopped, Meera couldn't help but think of Louis Litt from Suits.

But unlike Louis, in front of her stood a tall guy, probably in his forties.

Undoubtedly he was good looking. In a crisp voice, he said, " Hello Jai, how can I help you?"

Jai and Meera sat down, while Jai started explaining the whole thing, Meera patiently sat there, listening to him.

Once Jai finished explaining, Rick started going to all the documents.

After about a good ten minutes, he spoke, " Alright, so see after the new laws of 2017, getting married for a green card has become complicated. And especially, Ms Verma is overstaying so it just adds on to it! The best solution is that you go to Ms Verna's country, get married there and then come back, reducing the chances of all this looking like a fraud. If you guys are okay with it, let me know I'll start preparing the documents!"

Getting married to a stranger was okay but going to India and then getting married seemed to complicate things, Meera was doing this to avoid going back to India.

Jai, on the other hand, was okay, he anyways for planning to travel to India, after all his mother was from there.

"Could you give us some time!" Meera finally spoke.

"Sure, take the whole day, but try not to delay this further, as overstaying on your visa, isn't the something you want on your plate!" Rick said, closing the documents file and handing it to over to Jai.

"Let's go for lunch and then talk over it!" J said while leaving Rick's office.

"Alright!" Meera said while thinking about what Rick had said!

They drove down to a small cafe, in a quiet area, reducing the chances of being caught by the paparazzi.

They took the corner most table, giving them enough privacy to talk.

The waiter came with menus. Meera went through the whole menu, totally confused. Meera always needed some time to order, and ordering in front of people she didn't know made her nervous.

J noticed the confused look on her face, she had a small pout resting on her lips!

"You need help there?" Jai asked.

Meera hesitated in saying yes at first, but then she was really hungry.

"Umm, Yess please!" She said while looking up at him.

"Alright, so umm how about lasagna or maybe a Caesar salad?" More than helping her, J wanted to know what type of girl she was.