Chapter 10

"Why the hell are we moving to Ireland?" I asked my dad once I got him alone.

"Because I got a promotion."

I crossed my arms, "That's the only reason?"

"Skyler, listen-"

"No, you listen." I interrupted. "I've never seen this girl a day in my life then you come home, tell us you're marrying her, and that we're moving to another country!"

"Skyler." My dad chided.

"Whatever. I'm done." I snapped, storming into the living room.

Of course where Brandi was..

"I didn't get a proper introduction." She smiled sweetly. It was sickening sweet, it made me want to vomit.

"You sure as hell don't deserve one, slut." I scoffed, heading for the door. I left her with her mouth hanging wide open. It's probably like that all the time, anyway.

I slammed the door and suddenly wished I'd brought a jacket. No turning back now.

I walked down the sidewalk, crossing my arms to try to block the cold. It didn't work very much. I didn't know where I was going, I just needed time away to think.

I was heading into the town by the looks of it. Porch lights were being shut off along with the house lights. Dogs in the backyard started barking as I past. I ignored the growls and kept going forward.

I ended up heading straight to a little coffee shop. One that I've gone to for years. As soon as I stepped in, the smell of fresh coffee hit my nose. I savored it and walked up to the counter.

"Hi, how may I help you?" The cute boy, Jack asked from behind the counter.

"Caramel mocha please." I said kindly.

"Small, medium, or large?"

I glanced at the clock to see that it read 11:43. I'm going to need a lot if I want to get back awake.

"Make that a large."

"Large caramel mocha coming right up."

"I don't care, dammit. Whatever, bye." I watched as a dark skinned boy with a black quiff walk into the coffee shop.

And boy, was he fine.

Shut up Skyler, I thought. You are done with boys.

He hung up his phone and walked over to the counter. I couldn't help but think I recognized him from somewhere. He ordered then sat at a table near the window. Jack brought me my coffee and I thanked him. I slowly sipped it, and watched as the boy tapped on his phone with pressure.

I stood up and walked over him.

"Ya know it's touch sensitive. You might break it if you type that hard."

The boy looked up and released a sigh through his nose. He put his phone down and glanced at the seat across from him.

I nodded, thinking he was mute. I sat down and stared at him while he did the same to me.

"You look upset." He finally said, breaking the silence.

Okay, maybe he's not mute.

He had a thick accent that I couldn't understand very well. But it was low and deep and very sexy.

What the hell am I thinking? I mentally slapped myself. I need to quit thinking or walk away from this boy. Which ever one.

"Just a little bit." l sighed.

"You can vent if you want." He smiled, kindly.

I immediately sent him one back. It was a involuntary smile, one you have no control over. If he smiles at you, you have to smile back. There's no objection about it.

I decided to skip the Niall thing and go straight to the real problem.

"Well my dad brought this whore home that I've never met before, told me he was marrying her, and that we're moving to Ireland." I said in one big breath.

He sent me a wry smile, "I'm sorry."

I shrugged, "It's okay."

"Was he drunk or something?"

I cracked a smile, "No, he was pretty sober."

"By pretty do you mean sober or kind of sober?"

I grinned at him and shook my head, "He wasn't drunk."

He furrowed his eyebrows and put his hand up to his chin, playing with the stubble around it. "That's not good. If he was drunk, I'd understand but since he was sober.. I don't know. I'm sorry babe."

Him calling me babe sent the butterflies in my stomach to grow tenfold it's original size.

"Why we're you so upset?" I asked, changing the subject.

His face went hard, and he sighed again. "I was fighting with my girlfriend."

After he said the word girlfriend, my heart crashed. I rolled my eyes and my idiotic self, I don't even know the dude, why am I developing a crush on him?

"What were y'all fighting about?" I asked, curious. "Sorry if I'm prying."

He smiled at me, "It's okay, you're not. And she was just complaining about how I never spend any time with her. Well, sorry I'm in America right now and I can't drop what I'm doing to go back to England. It's annoying."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Skyler." He smiled.

"What? How'd you know my name?" I asked, astounded.

"Because you're wearing one of those shirts that people spray paint with big purple letters that read out Skyler." He stated, obviously.

I mentally cursed myself and sent him a sheepish look.

His phone went off and he looked at it with a look of disgust.

"Girlfriend?" I asked.

"Worse. Best mate." He mumbled, answering his phone. "Yeah, I answered this time. You were annoying me earlier. I don't care, moron. No, Perrie can get over it. No, shut up, you lesbian."

I snorted at that and pretended to choke on my coffee when he sent me a weird look.

"Okay, okay. I'm on my way. Bye."

He hung up the phone and stood up. "I've got to go, but I'll catch you around?"

I smiled and nodded my head, "Okay."

He walked up to the door when I remember something.

"Wait, what's your name?"

He turned around and smiled, "Zayn."

With that, he opened the door and walked away.

So I went to the football game tonight and the boy in my class that talks a lot of smack, got into a fight at my cousins' house with this hot guy. I wasn't there, I was at the game but he came back and everyone was talking about it. Apparently, there was a video and he got hit and was knocked out cold.

Arrgggg, I wanna see it. He talks crap to everyone and about everyone and I really hope that punch made him learn his lesson

Alexa (: