Surprise Visit

"I cannot believe you just left him there like that." your pink haired cousin complained.
"Someone spilled an entire glass of wine down my dress." you countered tucking your hair behind your ear before it could get caught in the breeze as you approached your car.
"With the person who poured it on you!" she squealed plopping down in the passenger seat.
"I know, I know I'm sorry P. But it really was a bad date." you sighed turning the ignition, "And nothing happened with the wine guy anyway."
"But you kept his coat," she nudged you, "and it's expensive...and it smells amazing!“

She wasn't wrong. You hadn't minded at all that the cologne lingered on you after removing the coat and hanging it by the door.

"He owns a vineyard P, of course he wears nice clothes and expensive cologne."
"How do you plan to give it back to him by the way?" She asked eyeing the clothing in question hanging from the hook behind you.
"I know where the place is. I'll just drop it off after I take you to work." you murmured glancing in the rearview.
"What? Take me! I want to see why you ditched Bartolomeo like that." the pinkette protested.

Your phone pinged as you came to a stop light.

Sake8zero: I am so sorry about missing your message.
Sake8zero: were you able to get out?

Pyt07: it's fine I dunno how we would have pulled it off anyway. Someone ended up spilling wine on me so I was able to use that as an out.

"Stop ignoring me." Perona pouted as your phone continued to go off from the cupholder.
"I'm not!" you raised your voice, "You are going to work. I don't need you swooning over the guy."
"Swooning?!" she scoffed, "No one will ever be more attractive than Mihawk."

You rolled your eyes, she has had a crush on her boss since the day she was hired two years ago.

"That's the spirit." you smirked making her frown more as you pulled up to the office building.
"Thanks for lunch, jerk." she slipped out of the front seat.
"Love you too, Cuz." you parked for a moment to check your phone.

Sake8zero: That sounds terrible
Sake8zero: I hope they paid your dry cleaning

Pyt07: he offered. But it gave me an excuse to toss the dress out

Sake8zero: sounds like a gentleman

Shanks smirked at his phone.

Pyt07: He was. How's your day btw

Sake8zero: Not great but it's better now
Sake8zero: What are you up to?

A soft smile bent your lips, this guy was such a flirt.

Pyt07: Oh no, I'm sorry to hear wasn't going well. I just had lunch with my cousin
Pyt07: I might be slow to respond I'm out running errands

Shanks frowned hoping he would have more of your time.

Sake8zero: That's fine I should be working. Be safe out there.

Pyt07: yes sir

You placed your phone back in the cupholder and started your journey out to the vineyard Shanks owned. It wasn't a terribly long drive from where you were in the city. As you got closer to your destination you began to get a little nervous.

Perhaps dropping in on him at his office would be too much of an invasion, but your only other option was taking it to work with you to have Marco or Thatch drop it off for you. And you knew no matter how well you explained obtaining the article of clothing neither of them would resist teasing you relentlessly for it.

You turned down the unpaved road lined with vines that had crawled up and across support beams firmly planted in the earth. You chose to park in a small lot attached to the structure that looked the most like an office building.

The man you'd met with Shanks at the hotel was standing out front leaning against the wall with a cigarette pressed between his lips. His gaze lazily swayed to you as you exited your vehicle and pull the coat from the back seat.

Benn smirked. Of course, he'd heard all about you after Shanks put everything together the night at the hotel. He'd planned to get your information from the Newgate's to get the coat back, since Shanks wasn't quite sure of how to reveal himself at this point.

"Nice to see you again." he rumbled as you stepped closer.
"You too, though I'm sorry I don't think I caught your name." you smiled politely.
"Benn." he replied flicking his cigarette to the ground and smashing it.
"F/N," you held out your right hand, "it's nice to officially meet you. I just stopped in to drop off Shanks' coat. I suppose I can leave it with you."
"Nonsense, the boss will be happy to see you." he shook your hand and opened the door.
"Benny ~" the redhead you were hoping to see called down the hallway, "Come hang out with m-" he was cut short when he saw you standing next to Benn, a light blush staining his cheeks.
"Uh...hey." you smiled awkwardly.

Somehow he seemed more attractive than the last time you'd seen him even when speaking in that needy goofy tone. So far he'd seemed so mellow it was sort of adorable to see him acting silly.

"F/N! H-how are you? What are you doing here?" he asked glancing between you and Benn.

He couldn't believe you'd just showed up at his doorstep. He'd been missing you since he saw you last and the two of you hadn't been communicating much in your chat lately.

"I just stopped in to bring this." you held out the garment.
A brilliant grin spread across his face, "You didn't have to come all the way out here for that."
"I'm sure it's expensive though and I didn't have a way to contact you." you smiled, "Sorry for dropping by so suddenly."
"Never be sorry for that." his onyx eyes swayed over to his friend, "Can you toss that in my office? I'm gonna take F/N on a little tour!“

Benn nodded taking it from you and heading down the hall.

"A tour?" you asked.
"Oh, I'm sorry did you have somewhere else to be? I should have asked." the redhead frowned briefly.
"Ah no, no I'm free." you shook your head fighting a flush.
"Then let's go!" he chimed wrapping an arm around your shoulders, "We can visit the cellar and the tasting room ~."