Rich's Perspective- First day back

Ugh. This migraine is awful. It must be from the squip shutting off a few days ago. I take an aspirin. Oh god, school. I pulled on my usual muscle tank and realized there's scars all over my arms. I grab an old jacket- from freshman year. When I get to school, everyone's staring. They all probably hate me.

I walk up to Jake, who's hanging with the basketball team.
"Hey," I say. The basketball team stares at me. "Jake can a talk to you for a minute? Alone?"
"Yeah of course bro," Jake replies. I look at his wheelchair and fill with guilt.
"What did you need to talk about?" Jake says with a smile.
"I-I'm," I realize I can't apologize without an 'S' sound, I've been really worried about my lisp after my squip shut off, "I'm thorry I burnt your houth down. Now your legth are broken and it'th all my fault!"
"It's all fine bro! It's that little squid thing? Right? I forgive you."
"Yeah..."
We bro hugged and I went to sulk in the bathroom.

The bell rang.
—————
I hear people whisper psycho as I walk down the hall. I pull up my hood to avoid being noticed. I see my old friend group and walk away as fast as possible.

I head to the cafeteria. God, no one's going to want to sit with me. I sit down at a small empty table.

Jake comes and sits next to me.
"Jake? What are you doing here? Why would you want to hang out with me?"
"Because you're my bro, bro."
"I'm thuch an athhole though."
"Wait wait wait- say Mississippi."
"Why"
"Just do it, please"
"Mithithippi..." I said quietly.
Jake laughs loudly. My face turns red and my eyes water a little.
"Whoah dude sorry! I didn't mean to make fun of you! I'm super sorry!"
"It'th fine..."
"Did you hear that <<gossip>>," he says, changing the subject.
I listened intently to Jake, glad that I wasn't lonely.
—————
I missed so much school. I was so behind that I didn't understand anything. I just went to the bathroom hoping to be alone. Then there's Jeremy. I try to avoid him and sneak into a stall

"Hey Rich," he said. I just want to be alone
"Hi," I say quietly.
"When did you get out of the hospital?"
"I got out ye- Monday," I said. Yesterday was Monday.
"How's your day been?"
"Fine," I lied.
"Say Mississippi."
Why would he ask that?
"No," I respond, angrily.
"Why not?"
"BECAUTHE I DON'T WANT TO." Shoot.  Jeremy looks surprised.
"Fuck off loother," I say, lisping again and looking embarrassed. I went into a stall and he left the bathroom.

I hate my life.