chapter nine

gunshots? gunshots?! no one owned a gun in the umbrella academy, well, not that i know of. i was worried about five. what if he was in trouble?? my heart started to race and i got this sick feeling in my stomach when i heard five scream. i ran into the living room. there was two people with animal masks and guns in their hand.

this was it. you had to do it y/n. there's no holding back. five might've got shot, or worse. they didn't seem to notice me because they were too busy reloading. i closed my eyes tightly and focused on the noise around me. i flung one of them across the room, and tackled him. it was the same man from before. i recognized him when i took off the bear mask. who the hell was he and what did he want? i was struggling to disarm him when i heard another gunshot.

i stopped and felt the burning, hurtful, sensation in my lower body. my breathing started getting slower, the air started getting thick. the man pushed me on the floor.

"let's go! the boy could come any second!" the woman with the dog mask yelled.

the man put the mask back on and ran. leaving me there to bleed out on the floor. i just stared at the ceiling. i couldn't move, the pain was too much. i tried to call out for five, but i was too tired and too weak. my eyelids started to become heavy.

i heard a familiar teleporting sound, then heard five's panicking voice.

"shit shit shit!" five yelled.

i opened my eyes slowly. i could see the panic on his face, along with the desperation in his eyes. he was shaking badly.

"y/n, don't close your eyes okay? i-i'm gonna help you." he said with a shaky voice.

i tried to say something, then he pressure on the place where id been shot.

"d-don't try to say anything. just r-rest for now."

he pressed his hands on the place i was bleeding. i closed my eyes tightly due to the pain.

"t-to stop the b-bleeding." five said.

i looked down at my wound. so much blood was covered the floor and my outfit. it appeared i got shot in my abdomen. i laid back down on the floor and started closing my eyes.

"y/n?"

five's voice was starting to become muffled.

"y/n? don't close your eyes. you have to stay with me."

"i cant lose you."

i opened my eyes slowly. a blurry figure was standing next to me, by the bed i was laying in. for what felt like hours i gained my vision back. the figure was none other than five hargreeves.

five looked at me and took a sigh of relief.

five walked closer to me.

"thank god you're awake." five sighed.

"i thought i lost you." five still had a shaky voice.

i knew he was still shaken up about the situation. i put my hand atop of his. he looked down at our hands touching then at me.

"if it makes you feel better, i tried my best to stay alive for you." my voice was raspy and soft.

five chuckled.

"i'm sorry."

i took my hand off of his and stared at the ceiling.

"for what?" five gave me a puzzled look.

"for being stupid. i just wanted to help you."

he gave me a reassuring look.

"i know you wanted to help. you have nothing to be sorry about."

"now get some rest. you need it." five chuckled.

five began to walk out of the room.

"five wait."

he peered over his shoulder.

"d-don't leave me."

he walked over to the bed. then he took off his jacket to his suit.

"here. i have another one in my closet. if you ever feel lonely, you have something to remember me by."

cheesy. but cute.

"okay."

i grabbed it and put it next to me on the bed.

"goodnight y/n." five smiled.

"goodnight."